Sonic Electronix

sorry for thread jacking but i'm trying to figure out how to use this properly, on the port dimensions what's the length of the port? is it the depth of the port if so, how can the port be deeper than the box itself? I probably have something wrong here but that's why i'm asking.

It bends like an L.. remember it the length from the point of the L to the back of the box always has to be equal the width of the port

ohh ok, see i was thinking this was a common slot port not an L-port if that's what it's called? so if it were a regular slot port the length can't be more than the depth of the box right? as you can tell i'm a n00b at this, but i'm trying to learn :D

Oh i thought it was called a slot port cuz it looks like a slot LOL, We were both confused

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I believe you would put in 4 for common port walls, as it would use a side, the back, the top, and the bottom walls as port walls. I'm not too sure though, as I don't use the Torres calculator myself.

Tried 4 and it called me a silly goose <_<

Hmm... That it does... I guess it would be 3 then, lol.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I believe you would put in 4 for common port walls, as it would use a side, the back, the top, and the bottom walls as port walls. I'm not too sure though, as I don't use the Torres calculator myself.

4 common walls would be a box with a side missing.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

sorry for thread jacking but i'm trying to figure out how to use this properly, on the port dimensions what's the length of the port? is it the depth of the port if so, how can the port be deeper than the box itself? I probably have something wrong here but that's why i'm asking.

It bends like an L.. remember it the length from the point of the L to the back of the box always has to be equal the width of the port

ohh ok, see i was thinking this was a common slot port not an L-port if that's what it's called? so if it were a regular slot port the length can't be more than the depth of the box right? as you can tell i'm a n00b at this, but i'm trying to learn :D

Oh i thought it was called a slot port cuz it looks like a slot LOL, We were both confused

well i'm not sure either, if i'm correct a slot port is this IMG_0528.jpg

and then if the port takes a bend like an L, than it's an L port? I hope i'm right, if i'm not than i'm looking too crazy right now.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

If it's shaped like a slot, it's a slot regardless of if it L's or not. Some people just call them L port boxes.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

If it's shaped like a slot, it's a slot regardless of if it L's or not. Some people just call them L port boxes.

:drinks: Thank you

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

and when do people use the L in a port? to change the tuning of their box if it isn't deep enough?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

and when do people use the L in a port? to change the tuning of their box if it isn't deep enough?

Yes, if the length of the port to get your desired tuning is longer than what you can fit, you would need to bend it into an L shape to fit the length you need.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

On most ported boxes to get correct port length with enough port area it can require L'ing the port. Basically just adding length to get desired tuning.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

4 common walls would be a box with a side missing.

Well, if your port has to bend and go along the back wall, then it would actually be using 4 common walls, but I see the Torres calculator doesn't see it like that.

:shrug:

I just use WinISD to get the port length I need and do all of the numbers myself. I find it to be less of a headache, as odd as that sounds.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want