Got pulled over 3 times for HID's in the last 2 weeks?

i fucking hate when assholes with bright ass hids get behind me!

ya its cool in your car but sucks for everyone eles

ima say +1 for the popo

lights never go above window line dry.gif

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

where are they all illegal? i live in a small missouri town and i ve never even them being illegal anywhere i kno most of my friends have them and i kno they haven t had problems

in most states, you are NOT allowed to mess with the factory headlights AT ALL, that also means replacing them with some other type of headlight, or adding HIDs..

its in almost every state

I have 10k 55's on my bike, and never had an issue in Michigan. I am friends with a few cops, and I was assured there would not be an issue.

But I realize other states may be different. :shrug:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I was under the impression that HID kits are D.O.T. certified, which would classify them as legal! Being as most kits are plug'n'play, its technically the same as new halogens being installed!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

No ^ they're most certaintly illegal.

But I've been rocking 6k 35watters for over 3 years now with no issue with the fuzz, only got pulled over once for when I had a ballast issue so one wasant on. The officer diddnt even mention them being outlawed.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

where are they all illegal? i live in a small missouri town and i ve never even them being illegal anywhere i kno most of my friends have them and i kno they haven t had problems

in most states, you are NOT allowed to mess with the factory headlights AT ALL, that also means replacing them with some other type of headlight, or adding HIDs..

its in almost every state

I have 10k 55's on my bike, and never had an issue in Michigan. I am friends with a few cops, and I was assured there would not be an issue.

But I realize other states may be different. :shrug:

yeah me too the cops in my town kno everyone by name and the onything i ve ever heard of a problem is tinting the housing or underglow other than that they don t care here theres a cop in a small town over with hid's on his camareo and they are bright as hell

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

system in planing stages right now

maybe you shouldnt have gotten blue/purple HIDs, and instead stuck with white or a yellowish color?

the blue/purple color ones are super noticeable

x2, I have 55w 5k low beam and fog lights, but they're super bright white, and aimed correctly so I don't blind anyone. I haven't been pulled over once for them. At a traffic stop, an officer actually commented that he liked them because of how much they lit up the road, but didn't blind anyone.

@ OP - Have you had your assemblies aimed correctly after installing the HID's? I'd do that if I were you..

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

You can't say you're the only that gets pulled over. Maybe you're the only one getting pulled over at the time, but you're not behind a cop 24/7 to make sure other people are or aren't getting pulled over.

thats the whole point of this thread... not to have post dumps but to see if anyone else has had this problem..

And the projectors should help your cause.

hopefully

There was a thread not too long ago where a guy got a ticket for HIDs too.

But like I said there are some places where the cops don't care and they won't even pull people over and there's other places where HIDs bug the hell out of cops and thell give you a ticket ASAP. So a forum where everyone lives in different places doesn't really help you know if other people around you get tickets.

And the projectors won't really help you but they'll help other people (like Alpine said). Because they have a nicer cutoff on your lights. Point your lighs at your garage door and see how scattered your lights are. Pointing them down helps to an extent but nothing beats retrofitting, if you don't want to spend that much money then projectors are the next best choice.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I have hids in stock housings but my shit isn't blinding... Plus my car is really low (fenders look like they are sitting on the tires) I wanna do a projector conversion but don't really wanna put more money into this car.

I've never been pulled over for them since I had them. I guess it depends on how high and blue your lights are and where you live.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

In housings that are not suited for HIDs, installing HIDs could be a ticket-able offense in some states. If your vehicle came stock with projectors, or you installed projectors then the only thing they can get you on is the color of your lights, at least as far as my knowledge for in Wisconsin. Every cop I've talked to about it has told me this.

Projectors somewhat blur the color of the light being output and make it appear more blue, your best bet is to not get anything more than 8,000Ks, but most people get away with 10,000Ks in projectors. If the cop says you have blue lights, ask them to do a paper test, where they take a white sheet of paper and hold it in front of your headlights. If the paper glows white, then they cannot ticket you for having blue lights.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived