Need Help With A Few Pc Problems

well for the past week my pc has been acting slow as hell mainly noticed it after installing norton internet sec.. and i figured it being a big program i needed more memory so i dealt with the slowness untill yesterday . then i went and got a 1gb kingston memory stick to go with my 512mb stick well now i have 1.4gb of memory and the only thing acting slow now is my internet explorer, it loads slowly and i have to wait about 3-5 seconds per page to load and finalise before i can move the page or do anything....

anyone have any ideas as to how to fix it or what might be wrong?.................

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Norton is a MAJOR resource hog.

It sucks a lot too. Better off with Avast! or AVG Free. Avast! is free too, works good too. NOD32 is pretty damn good also, about $30-40 for a 1 year license. The 3 I suggested don't use too many resources, pretty light-weight AV's and a LOT better than Norton at detecting viruses IMO.

I remember one time I installed Norton on my moms laptop, 1.6GHz, 256mb of ram, uninstalled it, ran a LOT faster.

Also, have you tried deleting your temporary internet files, cookies, and doing a disk clean-up and defrag on your computer?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

well the anti virus isnt the problem its internet settings. if only ie is slow, i recommend trying another browser of your choice.. if the problem persist on another web browser then try uninstalling norton and see if that works, if that doesnt work think about restoring your windows to a time when the net worked properly, or reseting your bios to a last known good configuration. if that doesnt work look at a dull format and recovery of the unit.

avg ftw. thats all i can think the prob is is the norton.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

if norton was the problem, can't you exit norton and see if the problem gets better? I know you can disable it... but I don't know about "exiting" it, I am not a big fan of norton either. avg ftw x2

if norton was the problem, can't you exit norton and see if the problem gets better? I know you can disable it... but I don't know about "exiting" it, I am not a big fan of norton either. avg ftw x2

yea he can go into msconfig and disable it from starting up with windows check problem if it didnt help then go back turn it back on.

id reset IE as well on another note thats prob easiest thing to try first

well on my start up (msconfig) i have all disabled but nortan

the only reason im useing nortan is my ole lady went and bought the dam thing for like 70 bux without askin me about it first lol

temporary internet files, cookies, and doing a disk clean-up and defrag on computer has been done and done almost each week

how would i reset my internet explorer

id personaly run firfox but its my girls pc and shes old school and only like IE

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

IE>FireFox

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo