Couple shots of my new build.........

I thought it came out really clean. Kinda patting myself on the back right now ;) LOL

The box is 7.51 cubes net, and tuned to 34.82 hz (by Chris T's program, and confirmed by the old port tuning nomogram ;)) I will be building my port extensions in the next week. It's going to be fun to drop the tuning down, and play some ultra-deep, techno bass. I mean, that stuff sounds pretty darn good right now, but I'm hoping it will pump up the ultra-lows even better !

I'm sure their are a TON of "louder" sub setups posted on here..... probably even some with just a couple 12"s... or heck, even just one 12" ! But I have to say, these Dayton HO's are the fastest, tightest, most musical 15"s I've ever heard.... and in a ported box no less !

Oh, and hey, I made a post asking about taking my 8" mid-bass drivers out of some small, sealed boxes I had, and putting them in my rear floor (free-air)...... Well I did it, and they sound freaking great now too :) Still, I plan to add two more, right in front of each of these.

Oh, and I'm running Polk Audio mid/high components in the front..... but will be adding another pair of those, in custom pods on my dash corners, as well.

Anyway, enough of my rambling...

Oh, this is what it looked like last week :) LOL

149799b0.jpg

Then this....

1509b790.jpg

BTW, I added a brace from top to bottom center, and another from end to end, before sealing it up.

And finally, this :)

15157410.jpg

15257410.jpg

Anyway, again, not an SPL kind of system..... and not exactly an all out SQ system either.... But rather, a "wannabe SQL" setup :) Certainly enough sound for a daily driver..... and long range fishing trips :)

Peace,

Fish

RF Power 1000 love!

Beautiful amps.

When will we be seeing vids?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Much thanks guys :)

Vids you asked ? Well, I might need to shoot 1 huh ? The level indicators on the Power 1000 do look pretty cool when it's running. What's really cool, is that I can look right over my right shoulder, even when driving, and totally see if I'm clipping any of the 5ch at any time. Not that I worry about a little red flicker every now and again.... But say I'm on a long road trip, and I just want it to be as ultra-clean as possible, I'll watch my clip indicators, and back off until I see no red flickers at all. Still decently loud, but also, as clean as my setup can be ;)

Lotsa' fun :)

Now I'm just anxious to get that other pair of mid-bass drivers, + another set of component mid/highs going :)

Peace,

Fish

Very clean setup man. I've always wondered about those Dayton ho woofers. I was thinking of using one in a HT passive radiator setup.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Great looking install ! :drinks:

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Hey BA, well they get really good reviews. {In fact, I need to go post a review on the Parts Express site now, myself ! :) Not that expensive either. These were $170 each. And I wish you could see the construction quality of these in person ! Nice cast aluminum basket, and close to 30 lbs each.

They do actually make a slightly different sub called the Dayton HF series, which although they require a much bigger box (usually fine in home builds) supposedly play even a little deeper yet.

Oh, and they do offer a 45 day, no questions asked, money back guarantee, so you could always order one, and see for yourself. That's what I did.... and instead of sending it back, I ordered another one almost immediately :)

Peace,

Fish

Very clean setup man. I've always wondered about those Dayton ho woofers. I was thinking of using one in a HT passive radiator setup.