Sonic Electronix

hey guys i was reading some forums and saw some one said that BASS BOOST NOB is bad and adds hard clipping. ive also heard that if i wanted more juice to get a boost noob modual that goes inline with the rca's between the deck and the sub amp . well what are those called? bass enhancements? if anyone can name me a few good brand that makes then would be awsome. i heard maxxsonics makes one? help me find this soo called bass enhancement. thanks SMD Members.

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

I think the inline ones just alows you to control gain. Could be wrong.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

i just looked up the maxxsonis mx-3 it makes cleaner sound going to the sub amp providing higher voltage RCA's = higher output at least but no clipping.

i just looked up the maxxsonis mx-3 it makes cleaner sound going to the sub amp providing higher voltage RCA's = higher output at least but no clipping.

You don't gain output by raising the RCA voltage. That is to say, a 2500 watt amp is a 2500 watt amp no matter the RCA voltage.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I might understand it wrong, but are you basically looking for something that will take for example your 2v preouts from your headunit, then have a set of 4v preouts, similar to a mosfet type idea that would produce current depending how much current is applied to it?

If you are trying to say, find something inline that will take your 1v preouts and turn them to 4v i think that it induces a lot of clipping. But I am not 100% sure.

I use the PAC-LC1 and it is great for me, just tune your amps with the knob all the way turned up, then when you see a cop twist that knob down. Hehe. It is basically just a potentiometer with RCA input/output.

You can find it on SonixElectronics or amazon or maybe even ebay.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

hey guys i was reading some forums and saw some one said that BASS BOOST NOB is bad and adds hard clipping. ive also heard that if i wanted more juice to get a boost noob modual that goes inline with the rca's between the deck and the sub amp . well what are those called? bass enhancements? if anyone can name me a few good brand that makes then would be awsome. i heard maxxsonics makes one? help me find this soo called bass enhancement. thanks SMD Members.

There are some devices that enhance bass on songs that don't have a heavy bass track. Unless your signal from your HU is absolute shit, there is nothing you can add to your RCAs that will magically make your system louder. It is possible that your RCA voltage is so low your amp can't produce it's nominal output but if you have that problem you don't need something to add to the RCA, you need a better source.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Then why would maxxsonics invent the maxxsonics mx - 3 ?

Well, I made a topic similar to this, and people suggested me this, PAC LC1

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Maxxsonics makes that to boost RCA voltage for running multiple amps. When you run more than one amp you effectively cut the RCA voltage down that is going to each amp when you add a Y-splitter in the line. Having a higher RCA voltage means that you can maintain a higher RCA voltage to multiple amps. Other than that it really does nothing.

If you want your system to sound 'better', then get a head unit that has 4 volt or higher RCAs. It won't make it any louder, but it will sound better when it's turned up that loud.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Alright i already have a pioneer avh-3300bt head unit . Which is amazing but yea okay good to know