Second Skin Audio

FI BTL n2 18 box help please

Ive messed around torres calc before.. i just always remember people saying they did something else for ports.. i mean each subwoofer has its own values with different paremeters.. im pretty sure theres more then just typing in the dimensions on a box calculator.

No. It's that easy. Knowing how much port they will like is te difference. Torres will tune the port the way you tell it to. Knowing WHAT to do and how much port to give the sub is the difference. The Torres calc is only as smart as the user using it.

lol, maybe he should go get advice from these experts... because everyone around here knows that it really is just that easy...

this calc is perfect for every day boxes, now 4th, 6th, 8th order shit, yeah, you wouldnt want to use it...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Ive messed around torres calc before.. i just always remember people saying they did something else for ports.. i mean each subwoofer has its own values with different paremeters.. im pretty sure theres more then just typing in the dimensions on a box calculator.

Ive used it for countless boxes including my current box

Never had any issues with it..

As the different values you are saying, I think you mean thiele small parameters. And generally these parameters are taken with a woofer that is not broke in, and change majorly once the suspension is loosened up.

Also the speakers are measured with 1 watt iirc to get these parameters. So unless your planning to play the woofer free air and only giving it 1 watt of power, these said thiele small parameters or "values" as you put it mean so little.

Now at times the thiele small parameters come in handy when your going for a crazy design such as transmission line, 4th or 6th order bandpass. But for a simple sealed box, or bass reflex style box they dont help too much.

So if you think that the Torres calculator is not so great, go buy BassBox Pro 6 (or illegally pirate it, which is easy to find on google) and build a box using said thiele small parameters. But I can guarentee once you plot the box, you will not like how peaky the sub will play, and it will only sound that much worse if you go thru with said box.

The thing I dont understand Homiewes is why are you going to ask for advice, then shoot down everyone's help saying its wrong. When in fact your the one asking for help for something so simple but you obviously dont have the knowledge to do it yourself so how you can discredit anyone else is way beyond me.....

No. It's that easy. Knowing how much port they will like is te difference. Torres will tune the port the way you tell it to. Knowing WHAT to do and how much port to give the sub is the difference. The Torres calc is only as smart as the user using it.

lol, maybe he should go get advice from these experts... because everyone around here knows that it really is just that easy...

this calc is perfect for every day boxes, now 4th, 6th, 8th order shit, yeah, you wouldnt want to use it...

I'm just curious how he's spending 10k on a system but doesn't know how to design a box himself and thinks torres was useless.

Seriously op, I'm curious WTF you though Torres was for. To calculate box volume for the box? LxWxH. :lol::good:

Reason i shoot things down is because i want to know the correct way to do things and i always thought there was a different way to.do it..there is a lot of false info on these forums sometimes. But ill take your guys word for it. And just because i dont have experiance in tuning a box doesnt mean i cant spend 10 grand on my system?

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

Reason i shoot things down is because i want to know the correct way to do things and i always thought there was a different way to.do it..there is a lot of false info on these forums sometimes. But ill take your guys word for it. And just because i dont have experiance in tuning a box doesnt mean i cant spend 10 grand on my system?

stickied posts are generally not false information LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

stickied posts are generally not false information LOL

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza