Sonic Electronix

Why so much dislike for Kicker?

I live I'n Canada I had my truck running all kicker 3 15"s 3 amps with bigger plans , kicker wouldn't even give me a t shirt , my experience with there ss speakers witch were very costly they were total crap , subs got loud and muddy, amps were real good 9/10 I would run amps again for sure part of me wants a warhorse , but all over priced

LOL, it is really all I can do to not go into this in much more detail but honestly discussing Kicker on an enthousiast board is pointless. Kicker has fallen into category of products that you use whatever you get the best price on, nothing more. This board seems to be about specialty brands that mean something, brands that enthousiast care about. Brands like Kicker with 20,000 products on Ebay for pennies over dealer cost are not brands that I can get excited about. It is what it is and it cracks me up that people get defensive about meaningless brands. Many of these brands started out as specialty brands but once they got to a certain size most of them moved their focus from innovating to building something that "works" as cheaply as possible and any of that effort/money that went into innovation is now shifted to marketing.

There are a couple of old school audio companies that have remained small and focused on innovation but most people I talk to have never heard of them, funny how that works. Then there are the new specialty brands that are coming on the scenes, which is what this forum is all about.

I am a music enthousiast so I would describe Kicker as any of the chinese build guitars out there, cheap Fender strats, Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey, Ibenez etc. They all work and get the job done but you never hear people arguing about which statacaster knock off is better than the other, that would be a waste of energy because WHO CARES! Now if you are talking about the many quality guitars, like Gibson, USA Fenders, PRS, Taylor, etc, these are guitars that people care about, get excited about, and function like a peice of serious equipment should. Oh ya, and they are not sold on ebay for dealer cost, lol.

Sorry to bust your bubble,but this forum isnt about specialty brands like you claim...this forum is about car audio in general and the people that love car audio no matter what brand you decide to use.Meaningless brands?WTF does that even mean?As long as a brand is selling and making the company profits it is hardly meaningless.The awesome thing about car audio is the diversity in equipment to chose from,all brands have there market and have their placein said market.Someone that buys Kicker instead of DC/Fi/AA/Sundown..etc etc,isnt any less of a car audio enthusiast than someone that buys said so called "specialty brands".

^ I AGREE 100%

Build: 1999 Ford Expedition

Custom Grill

Angel Eyes Head Lights

Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Cold Air Intake

Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

JVC Arsenal KW-ADV793

Hifonics 2400 Brutus

2 12" Kicker Solo L7's

2 15" Kicker Solo L7's

Rockford 0/1 Gauge with 300A fuse

http://www.facebook.com/Kamden.da.don

Lots of dc nut-huggers that's for fucking sure here not saying they are bad I'n n e way but the opinions seem to be bias

DC is a quality brand.. and a hell of alot cheaper than most of the mainstream stuff out...

price out a solo x 18.. is right around 800... and its COMPARABLE to a XL...

why pay lvl 6 pricing for a sub like a XL...

its not about being bias... it can be like that for any brand on this forum, all are quality built stuff at a way cheaper price than mainstream..

if YOU want to spend 800~ or more for a sub similar to a XL, more power to you, you are being ripped off....

edit

ill throw this out there

I am FINE with a company making profit off me, its when they are makign 6-8x what the product is worth when i have a problem...

but people lack the understanding to grasp that

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Lots of dc nut-huggers that's for fucking sure here not saying they are bad I'n n e way but the opinions seem to be bias

if all the nuthuggers coming out is an issue, then why would someone post a thread asking why said nuthuggers dont like another brand shrug.gif

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I used to have a kicker zx650.4, to make things easy, i thought it was a piece of shit. There werent many knobs to adjust how it sounded, i ended up trading for a mb quart onyx 80 x 4 and it sounds just as loud and way cleaner. And ive heard kicker subs, not very impressive at all.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

DC is a quality brand.. and a hell of alot cheaper than most of the mainstream stuff out...

price out a solo x 18.. is right around 800... and its COMPARABLE to a XL...

why pay lvl 6 pricing for a sub like a XL...

its not about being bias... it can be like that for any brand on this forum, all are quality built stuff at a way cheaper price than mainstream..

if YOU want to spend 800~ or more for a sub similar to a XL, more power to you, you are being ripped off....

lmao for the price of that X you could get 2 xls

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

if all the nuthuggers coming out is an issue, then why would someone post a thread asking why said nuthuggers dont like another brand shrug.gif

This

People saying the word "nuthugger" are just hater haters... which is redundant and just fucking goofy. Everyone here has an opinion, the people on here that have an opinion on equipment I respect, even if I don't agree. The ones that have an opinion about people's "nuthugging" I wish would grow the fuck up.

:clapping:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I bought 2 Kicker 10's a few months ago after being out of the "loop" for about ten years. They're for sale now, wanna buy em?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Sure, I will buy them if they are cheap enough. I can build a box for someone and make some money. Don't worry, Vander, you are not the one to "burst my bubble" that was done along time ago by the idiots that said our reps and dealers can't sell SX amps so let's get rid of them. From then on watching the focus go from quality and innovation, to cutting cost and slick design. I watched everyone throw in the towel on doing anything about transhippers and basically make a clear decision that they are okay with the reps selling containers of product to anyone willing to buy no matter where the products end up, (ie Ebay) as long as the checks clear. This is all in an effort just to stay afloat, profits waved bye bye a long time ago buddy. And if you think I don't know what I am talking about, think again.

I don't work in the car audio industry anymore, just thought I would see if there was any life left in it by checking out this board. Apparently there is some passion left and these new brands are going to fuel it. They are the Kicker, Rockfords and Orions of today so that's cool. No replys necessary, I don't plan to stick around on a message board that uses the work "nuthuggers" as often as I see it here, f...n lame.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

Archived