Sonic Electronix

Why so much dislike for Kicker?

I have not been on this forum long, but I've been seeing a recurring event.

When someone poses a question or suggest a Kicker product, seems the immediate reaction by most is to slam or talk trash about Kicker.

From reading some of the post, I get the impression that Kicker was bottom of the barrel.

Is there a legitimate reason for this ?

Does Kicker have bad customer service, are they considered over-priced, is Kicker's build quality horrible, etc.?

:)

They were the shit back in the day... Now they are just mainstream that gets you high fives from your highschool buddys.. NO i dont like kicker. I dont like most of people oh own kicker.. CAUSE they think they are hot shit cause the word "kicker"

and the setup i heard sounded like shit :shrug:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

it's just an entry level brand sub (besides the solo X) that everyone thinks is the loudest, SOME people on this forum that have something better tend to bash on these entry level brands like kenwood, sony, kicker, etc. kicker is good, just not the best that's out there.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I have not been on this forum long, but I've been seeing a recurring event.

When someone poses a question or suggest a Kicker product, seems the immediate reaction by most is to slam or talk trash about Kicker.

From reading some of the post, I get the impression that Kicker was bottom of the barrel.

Is there a legitimate reason for this ?

Does Kicker have bad customer service, are they considered over-priced, is Kicker's the build quality horrible, etc.?

:)

I have seen some positives on here bro... plus i got 3 kicker amps that are great. zx650.4 2x-zx1000.1

Kicker is saw as noobish most of the time because thats what everyone and there mother normally runs, or whatever else is on the bestbuy 'Sale' rack. Kicker makes quality products, but the 'mainstream label' gives it a bad name. Not to mention theres a TON of nut huggers on here who love the 3 or 4 audio companies and nothing else. That being said, some of the kicker stuff is overpriced for sure, the SoloX being the one that for sure comes to mind. Theres simply, imo, much better subs out there for the money. I also think alot of the kicker subs have a muddy sound to them. They can get loud, but alot of them just sound like :bull:. Just my $.02. :shrug:

Some Kicker product are well made and can get very VERY loud (we know this has more to do with box than exquipment) BUT you can get much better stuff for around the same price.

And I don't think I've seen too much people talking trash, it's more of a don't get that get this type of thing.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

It's got more to do with the people who run kicker then the actual brand itself.

The people who tend to run kicker and run their mouth talk like their shit is the best on the planet when it's mediocre at best.

Not to mention overpriced for what you're getting. (with the exception of the warhorse if you buy it from the right place. 10kwatts for under $2k isn't bad.)

It's got more to do with the people who run kicker then the actual brand itself.

The people who tend to run kicker and run their mouth talk like their shit is the best on the planet when it's mediocre at best.

Not to mention overpriced for what you're getting. (with the exception of the warhorse if you buy it from the right place. 10kwatts for under $2k isn't bad.)

not too worth it.

DC 9k is under $2k also. Much better amp.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I like kicker's economy line ad currently only run to L5's because I got them in a good trade. If you get them retail you prolly getting ripped. Course I started using kicker when it wasn't common outside of audio shops. :shrug: its like ny other mainsteam brand and people just seem to not like mainstream

not too worth it.

DC 9k is under $2k also. Much better amp.

how is the dc 9k better then the warhorse?

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s