Sonic Electronix

so a t-line is the best enclosure for a subwoofer but does that fall true for other speakers like would a 12" woofer perform to its best abilitys in a t-line same question for a 6" full range and smaller speakers?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

im not talking spl im talking sq. and if im wrong would you care to tell me another option

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

They are better than most all enclosure types. Allows them to most of the time be able to play a very big range of notes, even going low. Amazing sound quality. As for how it effects the power if it can take more as some boxes help with that I do not know how that works.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

lol, who ever told you a tline is the best enclosure for a subwoofer?

he possibly got that from the tline tutorial where forevrbumpn says

Over the years I have learned tricks, and short cuts to tlines. I stick with tlines, because personally, its the Perfect box, for your sub. No more of that, "What box sounds best for my sub?" If you do a tline based on your subs Fs, That IS the perfect box POSSIBLE for that sub. Its in the environment that subwoofer is built for, with absolutley NO amplifier strain, yet huge db outputs.

they are efficient but are not the best for a subwoofer. The best box for a sub woffer is ome that is build for that specific sub. And every woofer likes different boxes! That being said no a full rang speaker is an ib4 and is meant for "free air" but they will work in a box

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

TL applies to the bass and sub bass range.

Parts express has a TLine kit for home that uses two 5 1/4" mids and a tweeter...

so a t-line would be ideal for use with a subwoofer and a woofer but not with a mid or full range speaker?

TL applies to the bass and sub bass range.

Parts express has a TLine kit for home that uses two 5 1/4" mids and a tweeter...

so a t-line would be ideal for use with a subwoofer and a woofer but not with a mid or full range speaker?

"and" meaning both in the same enclosure? I wouldn't unless the mids were the "sealed back" type. As a general rule, you shouldn't use two different type drivers to reproduce the same range of music. Doubly so for the same enclosure.

Typically you can use a TL for a full range, like the Tang Band or Dayton Point Source drivers. Using a TL on these will help you get the most out of the low end when compared to a ported or sealed enclosure.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Not all subs are happiest in a t-line. Subwoofers have a rather narrow bandwidth. We really only expect them to play about an 80Hz bandwidth, from 20Hz up to 100Hz. Full range speakers are expected to play over many octaves, and have a very wide bandwidth.

It wouldn't make too much sense to put it in any type of tuned enclosure because you'd really be wanting a flat response out of it. It could be an interesting thing to do with midbass drivers though, I know that some SQ competitors will port their midbass. It can be tough to find T/S parameters on midbass drivers though.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want