CJs F150- 8/10..1 9k??? Nope....2!!!!

looks good, this might sound stupid can you replace just the surround or do you have to recone?

You can replace just the surround. I have never done it but all you have to do is cut off the old surround very careful making sure to not damage the cone and then glue the new on in place.

It's always fun to rebuild with new toys lol. Very nice

Im so glad I am not rebuilding. The box is staying the same, just swapping subs.

There ya go even on the single 12k its gonna get stupid loud with your crazy strong electrical. Just depends how you build the box strictly for numbers or to sound great and have a flat response, either way its gonna be fucking loud and your truck is gonna hate you. Buy a 5 gallon thing of spectrum sludge strip the truck and go crazy. Actually buy 2 and send the other my way I've always wanted to do that lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

There ya go even on the single 12k its gonna get stupid loud with your crazy strong electrical. Just depends how you build the box strictly for numbers or to sound great and have a flat response

I will find out how well I built the box with these subs. With the Level 3s I am running so much power to them that I am getting a very high peak to my response curve instead of a flatter response across the freq range. I am hoping that giving the XLs 2000w each which should keep them very happy for awhile.

Archived