Table saw

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which table saw?

I'm needing a table saw for some light duty work. These three brands fall into my budget. Which one would be the most reliable?

what do you plan to use it for. just mdf? and box building? I have skil it does that fine. If I was trying to do better wood work or hardwoods etc id get a better saw.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have a craftsman I scored cheap on craigslist that's never let me down

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

what do you plan to use it for. just mdf? and box building? I have skil it does that fine. If I was trying to do better wood work or hardwoods etc id get a better saw.

Right now mainly for trim as we remodel our house (I need to make some door jams). Maybe a few small sub boxes. Nothing too intense.

You can find badass deals on craigslist for nice table saws. Nicer used > cheaper new.

I've been looking but I'm always scared it will crap out on me after a few uses. I did find some hella cheap tools at a garage sale about a year ago. Older guy and his wife were having a moving sale and he was selling a brand new looking router, table saw and band saw. I could have gotten all three of them for less than $100. I'm still kicking myself for not buying them.

I use all Ryobi tools, and they have never let me down. The last drill I had which was a 14.4v model lasted 7 years before the batteries just stopped taking a charge. I currently have a tablesaw, cordless drill, jigsaw, plunge router, bench grinder and hand sander. All of which perform very well for the price of the tools. IMO there is no reason to buy a Dewalt for home use as that is more a contractor built tool line.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

I use all Ryobi tools, and they have never let me down. The last drill I had which was a 14.4v model lasted 7 years before the batteries just stopped taking a charge. I currently have a tablesaw, cordless drill, jigsaw, plunge router, bench grinder and hand sander. All of which perform very well for the price of the tools. IMO there is no reason to buy a Dewalt for home use as that is more a contractor built tool line.

Thanks. From the reviews I'm reading it seems like Ryobi is a little better than Craftsman for the money.

What price range are you in?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I have a craftsman I scored cheap on craigslist that's never let me down

This.

I have a Craftsman table saw I bought from craigslist a few years back. Full cast table and a decent fence. Belt driven saw instead of a direct drive. I paid 100.00 for it. Great saw for the money.

I bought a Skilsaw 10" off craigslist 10 years ago for 40 bucks. Still works like a champ. It bogs down a little on thicker hard woods even with a good Diablo 80 tooth blade. But MDF isn't an issue. I added the biesemeyer BC50 fence to it and I have a very nice table now. When It does go out, I will be looking for a 12" with a blade brake

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)