Sonic Electronix

When I shut my HU off or something and the amp turns off it makes a click noise, then when it turns on it maeks a click noise this thing is brand new outta the box basically is this supposed to happen? never heard this on an amp before.

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

Ported Box @ 34hz (6.2cft)

its louder when the amplifier shuts off when i turn it on its more faint and happens a few seconds after the light goes green. Then I turn my key off or my HU or something and the amp shuts off and makes like a click its deff coming from the amplifier is this normal or do i have a defective amplifier other than that it runs perfect.

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

bump, nobodys had this happen nobody has a DC amp? it sounds like itd be normal to me like when anything powers on... but ive never heard it before so it has me concerned its just like a click like if u switch ur VCR ona dn it makes that click.

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

my mb quart amp does the same exact thing so i'd like to know this as well haha

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

sorry for bumping work sooon and trying to sort so much out Im sorry bud... ok so its a relay and its normal? its not like a short circuit or something crazy? lol

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 1.2K

DC Level 3's 15"

Kicker IX350.4

Kicker DS650's

Kicker Tweeters

KnuConceptz

Big III

Kenetik 2400

Kenetik 1200

chill out with the bumps bro

u can get a vacation for that

yes it fine that what "tells" the amp to turn on

Edited by splzx3

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Quite a few amps will have a click on and off. This is the relays working inside the amp. This is normal, especially in larger power amps.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I have a dc 5.0k and there are two massive relays inside it next to the capacitors that are on the pcb. When i took off the cover to drool over the guts i saw them and they are pretty big, in fact they are bigger than the relay for your vehicles starter. There is no problem with them clicking as it is normal operation so dont worry about it. In fact i like that it has a relay so it wont consume as much power to try and kick the amp on to start it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress