Jump to content

Stetsom 14k Google sketchup model


Recommended Posts

Posted

with out spending to much time looking for the post here is something i have pm that sums it up

You have to turn the E 3/4 the way up to get it loud where the D was 3/8. The E clips like crazy i never use to get my subs hot daily beating with the D now it takes 2 minutes and i can smell them.

So I take it that you used to own the D and own the E now and regret it? Im waiting to buy a blazer xtreme and wall it with a 4th order BP with 6 15s. (I already got the design on google sketchup)

looks pretty damn good man

Thanks man, I plan on re creating some more amps when I get the chance

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

 

Posted

with out spending to much time looking for the post here is something i have pm that sums it up

You have to turn the E 3/4 the way up to get it loud where the D was 3/8. The E clips like crazy i never use to get my subs hot daily beating with the D now it takes 2 minutes and i can smell them.

So I take it that you used to own the D and own the E now and regret it? Im waiting to buy a blazer xtreme and wall it with a 4th order BP with 6 15s. (I already got the design on google sketchup)

Yep i have owned them both so i can tell you how both of them actually are. Other people that have owned both amps will tell you how great of an amp the k2D is and how big of a POS the k2e is

do yourself a favor and listen to me. I aint just some one talking like i have never owned one. Ive been there and learned my lesson the hard way

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Posted

with out spending to much time looking for the post here is something i have pm that sums it up

You have to turn the E 3/4 the way up to get it loud where the D was 3/8. The E clips like crazy i never use to get my subs hot daily beating with the D now it takes 2 minutes and i can smell them.

So I take it that you used to own the D and own the E now and regret it? Im waiting to buy a blazer xtreme and wall it with a 4th order BP with 6 15s. (I already got the design on google sketchup)

Yep i have owned them both so i can tell you how both of them actually are. Other people that have owned both amps will tell you how great of an amp the k2D is and how big of a POS the k2e is

do yourself a favor and listen to me. I aint just some one talking like i have never owned one. Ive been there and learned my lesson the hard way

Great deal, thanks for the heads up :drinks: I would rather listen to you then pay another $2,000 for another amp within months. :peepwall:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

 

Posted

look for a k2d. Try to stay away from the modded ones. It will be hard to find one but would be worth it

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Posted

what mean by modded?

mate just orderd one of the 14k2e and i was considering it but the 16-18v version?

best to learn as much as possible. think other mate had one similar wired it up and fryed something. got fixed free tho..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Posted

I personally wouldnt even run the 14k2D... ive seen a few of them go up in smoke just by turning on...

ive ran my 7k2D at .1 rising to .5 at 10v, daily for 2 weeks and never had a issue, ive played it for 8+ hours straight at 2010 slamology, and it never stopped, got hot, but never died...

by far the best amp ive ever had

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Posted

Sketchup looks great, doesn't matter what amp it is.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Posted

now do the guts :D

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

I personally wouldnt even run the 14k2D... ive seen a few of them go up in smoke just by turning on...

ive ran my 7k2D at .1 rising to .5 at 10v, daily for 2 weeks and never had a issue, ive played it for 8+ hours straight at 2010 slamology, and it never stopped, got hot, but never died...

by far the best amp ive ever had

Alot of the ones that had problems was the first series of stetsom amps where it was the 14kd or w.e. I really havent seen to many problems with the 14k2d. They dont like high voltage but the sure dont do half bad on low voltage

I might have answered the problem with them smoking in the post after this

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5781 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...