Ok guys i know this is off the wall but recently i have been informed that my transmission is on its wat out, That along with other thing has me wanting to get a credit card to build my credit up.

For starters im not stupid, Im not someone going on a spending spree. I would be using it strictly for emergency use (transmission) and small monthly purchases (after transmission repairs are paid off) that i KNOW i can pay off in a month such as gas or my monthly bills.

My question is what should i look out for in a credit card?

I know the lower the purchase APR the better but what else should i be on the lookout for.

Like i said this is just to help get my credit built up where i want it and be able to get my transmission fixed

Transmission is going to cost me $1400 which i would have off my card in 6 months or less.

Just something i have been thinking about, I know a lot of people tell me to avoid credit cards like the plague, But with responsible use and a good plan i figured it can help me out in the long run.

make sure you do not have a monthly fee.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Absolutely no annual fees and lowest apr you can find.

Thanks man!

Im using google adviser and just put in what you all said and the interest rates are considerably lower then the capitol one card i was looking into

U want cash back rewards. Low apr and if you pay it off every month it boosts your credit score. No annual fee is necessary. I would go for a discover card bank of americard or capital one.

Edit: my capital one is 6.9%

Edited by B slaps yo mama

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

pretty much what was said. No fees and low APR. Credit cards get a REALLY bum rap because they are abused so often. Yes the companies do what they can to lure people into thinking they can pay $10 a month for that sweet ass TV and what not. Managing your spending with credit cards (especially those cards that offer rewards) can be a very good thing to do. The thing to watch out for is spending more on credit cards than you can pay off. If you can't pay it in cash, don't buy it. You mentioned emergencies and you have to be careful with those, pretty soon buying a 60" TV turns into an emergency. Best bet is to set aside a chunk of cash to take care of those emergencies. I know that isn't always possible and it is certainly plausible to use a credit card in an actual emergency, just be sure to figure that in when deciding how much you can spend on the credit card.

TLDR version: be really careful with them, don't spend more than you have :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

U want cash back rewards. Low apr and if you pay it off every month it boosts your credit score. No annual fee is necessary. I would go for a discover card bank of americard or capital one.

Its will be paid off every month in full unless a emergency comes up that i would have to make payments on IE: My transmission which would be paid $250 plus a month depending on hours

pretty much what was said. No fees and low APR. Credit cards get a REALLY bum rap because they are abused so often. Yes the companies do what they can to lure people into thinking they can pay $10 a month for that sweet ass TV and what not. Managing your spending with credit cards (especially those cards that offer rewards) can be a very good thing to do. The thing to watch out for is spending more on credit cards than you can pay off. If you can't pay it in cash, don't buy it. You mentioned emergencies and you have to be careful with those, pretty soon buying a 60" TV turns into an emergency. Best bet is to set aside a chunk of cash to take care of those emergencies. I know that isn't always possible and it is certainly plausible to use a credit card in an actual emergency, just be sure to figure that in when deciding how much you can spend on the credit card.

TLDR version: be really careful with them, don't spend more than you have :)

Thanks brad

The only cc I have is Capital One, I dont get charged for not using it on a regular basis and the interest is super low. Just look out for hidden fees and read the fine print.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500