Sonic Electronix

Advice needed for up-coming DC build

Do 15s but do xls do 1.4 coils and strapp 2 5ks down low. That's my plan in the near future

Honestly I was thinking about the xl's, cause so many people are having such good luck with them.

So you think the 5K's could handle that low of a load strapped? It would be .7 ohm final load, correct? And probably up around 2 ohm after rise?

Yeah I'd love to do exactly that! But money is the enemy, right now I have about $2500 to spend on subs and amps, and that doesn't include anything electrical! So that's why I was thinking one 5K now, and another one later!

And btw I LOVE your system! And thanks for the replies! So 15's over 18's, no wall. Anyone else???

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

are you going all the way to the front seats? if so just wall it off. That way you actually have a place to display your amps. much respect to you guys doing it no wall from the cargo area but if you are wasting the back seats as is just take the plunge.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

are you going all the way to the front seats? if so just wall it off. That way you actually have a place to display your amps. much respect to you guys doing it no wall from the cargo area but if you are wasting the back seats as is just take the plunge.

xs 2! i have my rear seats gone in my mustang and i realized i might as well just walled the bitch off, my 1st though of not walling it off was that if i ever need to i can simply remove the box from the backseats and put my seat in, but meh no one really rides with me expect for my gf, so i would take the pludge and go all out and wall it

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

plus walls are cool and once you get around to driving using your side mirrors its not htat hard at all. and you dont have to worry about people bumming rides.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I dont see enough space back there to do 4 18s. I just got done with a box for 4 XL 18s and my final dimensions were 49w x 43d x 25.5h. This gave me 21ft after displacements for 5.25 per sub. This would be good for the Level 4 18s but I would suggest getting that extra .25ft3 per sub and getting up to 5.5 per sub and use 14in2 of port per cube.

Personally if you want to stay below the window line I would do 15s. You are going to be looking at needing 3.5ft3 per sub after displacements with the Level 4 or XL 15s. If you plan to add a second 5k later then definitely go ahead and invest in the XLs so you dotn have to try and sell your subs later to be able to upgrade.

If you want to go ahead and get the amps we have a 15% off pre sale running right now. Shoot me a PM if you ahve any questions about the prices on anything.

plus walls are cool and once you get around to driving using your side mirrors its not htat hard at all. and you dont have to worry about people bumming rides.

True, that's a very good point! No more taxi services!

Also, I got a rear view camera hooked to the monitors, so I can still see behind me anytime I want!

Yeah I have been dreaming about doing a wall for, oh at least 15 years, ever since I started driving! But looking at my car, I'm just not sure 4 18's are gonna fit real well, either way! It would be close. But 4 15's will work easy. Decisions, hmmm???

Thanks for the advice guys!

EDIT: Yeah CJ18, that's what I was thinking too. It would be SUPER tight to get 4 - 18's in their. Plus in that car, 4 - 15" XL's on 2 5K's would be INSANE! Yeah that sounds like a pretty sweet idea to me!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

if you wall it you could do 4 18s. just no wall wont fit. you have 20 cubes below hte window line. once you start going over it you get alot more.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

if you wall it you could do 4 18s. just no wall wont fit. you have 20 cubes below hte window line. once you start going over it you get alot more.

well n8, I have been thinking really hard about it. And I believe you are right. Might as well go ahead and do the wall. And 4 18's.

Thanks for the input guys. And be on the lookout here in a couple of months for Stage 3 - The Wall!

And I thought since I'll be switching from Kicker to DC, the name of my ride will go from "Kickin' Cruiser" to "DC Cruiser".

Get it, Chrysler DC Cruiser? I thought it was catchy anyway, Idk? But thank guys! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Well, it is official. DC FTMFW! I just ordered a new 5.0K, so it's gonna be the "DC Cruiser"! Now to decide on the subs, 15's or 18's. Level 4, or XL, or Level 5? Think I'll take my time and get some more feedback!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Unless you plan on going with more power, i'd stick with XLs. The XLs will take that power and then some and you wont have to worry about pushing them to thermal or mechanical limit. Im only doing 3 18" lvl 5s and plan on using 2 9ks if not some SD or stetsoms. Also, with that space, you've probably got the room for 4 18s...problem is going to be your height. 2 18s on top of eachother take up alot of space, so hopefully you've got almost 40" of height or you may be in trouble and may need to clamshell.

With 4 XL 18s, id shoot for 25ish cubes and I hear the XLs like alot of port, so shoot for 17-19 per cube. That port takes up so many cubes so damn fast. :cray: