Second Skin Audio

Please Help stuck at 130db

Notoriousj76

What ARE you measuring it on? I had a 15" Fi bl on a punch 1000, It read 140.5 db on a ANDRIOD app., I got a Havoc, better built box, put in a battery in the back, more 0 gauge and swapped amps for a T1000, and still got 140.5 db....

Took me a week to figure out the app only went to 140.5, lol, FML , FTW

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

Ear-o-meter yo. 130 deebee!

Seriously. we need a LOT MORE information.

Start with brand/model of amp.

Electrical information like size of wire, size of battery(s), big 3 done(?).

Full measurements of the box, including all 3 dimensions of the port.

TYPE OF METER you measured on.

Position of box in vehicle - a picture would be nice.

any chance one of your subs is out of phase? or maybe your port is to choked. what car is this in ?

Subs are not outta phase, port choked maybe? I cant fit any more port in that box the way it is. I was pushin it with the tuning and stuff I have currently.

Amp is Hifonics Brutus bxi 2000 currently

2 15 inch custom subs with RE SX motors and Nightshade soft parts

Single voice coil subs cuz I got ripped off.

Big 3 upgrade

Stock alt

extra Kinetic 2400 red in the back Stock in front

Line driver and gains all properly set, no clipping, amp crossovers tuned at the box tuning and so forth

Measured on an SPL1000 meter ran off a 9v batter (I have seen other people on youtube meter 148's with it)

Subs firing up Port firing Rear in a 1991 Chevy Astro van with audiotechnix sound deadener 2 layers thick on the rear panels and 1 layer on the roof with no headliner. Backseat is a bench seat.

Amp is Hifonics Brutus bxi 2000 currently

2 15 inch custom subs with RE SX motors and Nightshade soft parts

Single voice coil subs cuz I got ripped off.

Big 3 upgrade

Stock alt

extra Kinetic 2400 red in the back Stock in front

Line driver and gains all properly set, no clipping, amp crossovers tuned at the box tuning and so forth

Measured on an SPL1000 meter ran off a 9v batter (I have seen other people on youtube meter 148's with it)

Subs firing up Port firing Rear in a 1991 Chevy Astro van with audiotechnix sound deadener 2 layers thick on the rear panels and 1 layer on the roof with no headliner. Backseat is a bench seat.

thats the problem. other smaller problems have been pointed out already but there you go. there is a reason we dont use shit meters to test with. and a $25 scoche meter is shit.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thumbs up for Walmart DeeBee meters!!

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

any chance one of your subs is out of phase? or maybe your port is to choked. what car is this in ?

Subs are not outta phase, port choked maybe? I cant fit any more port in that box the way it is. I was pushin it with the tuning and stuff I have currently.

Because your box is too big and your port is too small. Add more port, volume gets smaller. What is the max dimensions you actually have available for the box?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

My subs look like they are about to wing outta the box burping and coils get so hot I cant touch them.

Here's a good sign that your box is too big. Especially if your subs are what you say they are, 2k BEFORE your huge rise on that big box as well as voltage drop and then factor in efficiency, they have to be in a huge box to unload off of that power. It's like beating a dead horse. You obviously have enough room for more port as your box is huge. Shrink your box to close to 7.5ft^3 on that power and run anywhere between 14in^2 to 16in^2 of port area. If you don't see a jump in output from what you're getting now... You will see a jump in output from what you're seeing now.

Use this: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator/

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Well someone design me a box on paper and post it and i'll build it but I can GAREUNTEE it will NOT peak over 130 no matter how you slice it.... it is impossible. if there is anyone in central Indiana I will damn near pay you to come hear it afterwards...I have never heard a system like mine.... after re-building my box today it unloads more, sounds more like shit, distorts, clips, you name it... it's the worst shit I have heard. I'm either completely retarded or there is some voodoo magic hex on me that curses my ears. I'm so sick of this bullshit I wanna hear someone elses system in person. Literally so upset over this fucking setup I'm ready to wreck my van and collect insurance on it.

Archived