Second Skin Audio

Please Help stuck at 130db

Notoriousj76

HELP PLEASE!!!!! I added a baffle inside the box and retuned the port.

Now I'm running 9.5 ft3 box internal WITHOUT any displacements

Inside Dimmensions are

48.5 x 20 x 17 = 9.5 ft3

Port Dimmensions

5.25 x 17 x 15 = .75 ft3

Subs are inverted (yes, properly wired)so no dis. there

Totaling 8.75 ft3 net

According to WinISD that Makes my box tuned @ 34hz

------I did everything you guys suggested by cutting down box vol. even being forced to tune a little higher and still can BARELY get 130db------

Amp is Hifonics Brutus currently

2 15 inch custom subs with RE SX motors and Nightshade soft parts

Single voice coil subs cuz I got ripped off.

Big 3 upgrade

Stock alt

Kinetic 2400 red in the back

Line driver and gains all properly set, no clipping, amp crossovers tuned at the box tuning and so forth.

WHY the fuck am I not setting off car alarms?!? I'm so pissed I cant even descibe it. Somebody please explain this madness before I blow my speakers in frustration and just Sell everything I have and fucking give up.

You WANT to set off car alarms? Cool story bro.

Exactly! Focus on what it sounds like inside your ride....happy neighbors are a good thing LOL!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Notorious, I'm certainly no pro..... But I think even for the guys who are, their is always still just a little bit of luck involved. I mean, sometimes a system seems to hit even harder than it should have, and sometimes not quite.

I do have two questions for you though;

1) What vehicle are you running this stuff in ? Some vehicles are a LOT better for getting loud than others (I hear my F150 is pretty shitty for loudness)

and 2) Okay, so your barely hitting 130db's.... But how does it sound ? If its starting to show a lot of distortion at 130, this says "something" is not right. I don't know (yet) exactly how loud my systyem is (Mr. Meade said I'm probably hitting close to 140 "somewhere" in my cab, although not neccessarily on the drivers side dash) but my system still sounds clean, even when I'm about to run out of juice.... It just doesn't get any louder after that. This tells me I'm doing about all I can do, on 1500 measley wts :) LOL

Anyway, don't give up man.

I suggest you look for examples of "your exact vehicle" with LOUD systems, and research what the owners of those did....

Good luck,

Fish

HELP PLEASE!!!!! I added a baffle inside the box and retuned the port.

Now I'm running 9.5 ft3 box internal WITHOUT any displacements

Inside Dimmensions are

48.5 x 20 x 17 = 9.5 ft3

Port Dimmensions

5.25 x 17 x 15 = .75 ft3

Subs are inverted (yes, properly wired)so no dis. there

Totaling 8.75 ft3 net

According to WinISD that Makes my box tuned @ 34hz

------I did everything you guys suggested by cutting down box vol. even being forced to tune a little higher and still can BARELY get 130db------

Amp is Hifonics Brutus currently

2 15 inch custom subs with RE SX motors and Nightshade soft parts

Single voice coil subs cuz I got ripped off.

Big 3 upgrade

Stock alt

Kinetic 2400 red in the back

Line driver and gains all properly set, no clipping, amp crossovers tuned at the box tuning and so forth.

WHY the fuck am I not setting off car alarms?!? I'm so pissed I cant even descibe it. Somebody please explain this madness before I blow my speakers in frustration and just Sell everything I have and fucking give up.

Archived