Sonic Electronix

loud bass... not enough power??

So the best way for me to solve my problem would be buying a new battery? or a better alternator? I'm not working right now so money is kinda tight. I'm looking to spend the least amount of money...

the best way to solve the problem is to go out and do some testing. the worst possible thing you could do is start throwing money away by just buying components that "may" be the solution.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

The big 3 is like..20-30ft of 0awg wire.. And a battery like a redtop is like..240$? But easily sounds like electrical needs upgrading in my opinion, like stef said, measure your voltage with a DMM if you go under 12volts or so , I'd get a new batt

20-30 feet? do you have a semi truck? i did mine with like 10 feet.

Does your amp pop in and out of protect mode? One time I had a partially melted fuse block and when I turned it up the bass would cut out because the fuse wasnt always contacting. Tighten them fuses!

the amp isnt going into protect mode... its more like just the sub bass cutting out on really low bass notes but plays other bass freq? if that makes any sense?

Does your amp pop in and out of protect mode? One time I had a partially melted fuse block and when I turned it up the bass would cut out because the fuse wasnt always contacting. Tighten them fuses!

the amp isnt going into protect mode... its more like just the sub bass cutting out on really low bass notes but plays other bass freq? if that makes any sense?

My buddy's car did that before he upgraded his wire.

Pull out a multi meter and check the voltage at your battery when the amp is bumpin. If that's fine, check the voltage at the amp while it is playing. If it's low, then do the big 3 and use the biggest wire you can. If that is fine, try replacing your fuses - I have heard stories of them getting some sort of memory that makes them act like they are lower amperage then they are rated for.

This is all assuming that it isn't clipping and the speakers are wired properly

Edited by SnowDrifter

sooo if your bumping and it goes below 12v then need a another battery?

If your bumping and it goes below 12 you need to look at your electrical system because something is missing and needs correction. Most amps tell you the recommended volts needed to achieve the rated watts. Amps would say something like at wired at 1ohm with 13.8v it produces 3,200 watts. Take that same amp at 1ohm but only feed it 12.6v will produce 1,530 watts. This is just an example but you are not getting your monies worth if you electrical cant keep up.

Maybe the big 3 might help (not likely if you below 12v), new battery, buying additional batteries (xs power), new alt (dc power) or maybe a combination of things(xs power + dc power). It all depends on how much your trying to ask your car to do with stock electric and an aftermarket sound system.