Sonic Electronix

Alpine type rs voice coil SMELLING

Hi guys, i have 4 type r 15ns running on one hifonics hfi 3000d mono. i Bought all the subs and amp brand new, there is kicker 1/0 power ground for the amp and kicker 4 gauge for the speaker wire, so i don't think its the wiring or amp burning up, but after i play the subs for around 5 mins maybe 10 actually they start to smell, i think its the voice coils but i don't know. The subs are dual 4 ohm bridged to 2 ohms, the amp gains and bass eq are all set up right so there is no distortion. If someone can tell me why it smells and wat is smelling id greatly appreciate it thanks!!

Fuck warning points.

how do u know the amp gains are set up right, and the eq ?

how did u set it up ?

hifi line is garbage of all hifonics line.......

subs are parrellel ?

what did you set the gain with?

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

gains are set with a dmm, also recheked by the local car audio store, the eq i dont think has anything to do with it, its just my clarion 7 band nothings really turn up on that, the subs are wired in parallel, i think its parallel, the positives are bridged on the sub and so are the negatives and there is one run from the amp for positive and one run from the amp for negative. Also i have the big 3 upgrade and another kinetic in the trunk soon to be 2. the hifoncs amp isnt the best amp and ill be switching it for a RF 4000bd soon, but its hitting hard (around the 149 150 range)

Fuck warning points.

gains are set with a dmm, also recheked by the local car audio store, the eq i dont think has anything to do with it, its just my clarion 7 band nothings really turn up on that, the subs are wired in parallel, i think its parallel, the positives are bridged on the sub and so are the negatives and there is one run from the amp for positive and one run from the amp for negative. Also i have the big 3 upgrade and another kinetic in the trunk soon to be 2. the hifoncs amp isnt the best amp and ill be switching it for a RF 4000bd soon, but its hitting hard (around the 149 150 range)

149-150dbs? I highly doubt that on what kinda meter what hz where was the meter

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

i love it i know the gains are set right but im clipping the shit out of my woofers. awesome. you cant accurately set your gains with a dmm. I dont care who argues it you just cant do it. You can get in the ballpark but its not going to be accurate.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i love it i know the gains are set right but im clipping the shit out of my woofers. awesome. you cant accurately set your gains with a dmm. I dont care who argues it you just cant do it. You can get in the ballpark but its not going to be accurate.

whawhawhaaaat? this is news to me. would you mind explaining this to me good sir?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.