Sonic Electronix

Okay first post here, hi!

Introductions aside, i have a 2005 focus sedan got a bit of preformance mods an a nice stereo.

here is my stereo setup:

kenwood excelon single din deck with 4v pre outs

bravox diamond series 5x7 soon to be bravox carbonfiber 5x7

4awg full copper strand wire( Memphis audio)

a Memphis c3 dual 4 ohm(wired for 2ohm load) 600 watt rms

and pushing it is a measly 500 watt kenwood preformace series amp(good but not preformance at all)

my question is I have an awsome deal picking up a bravox 12" EDX dual 4 or dual 2 ohm sub (my choice)for under half of what retail is.

im wondering what all im going to have to upgrade:

BIG THREE, batt, alt,amp of course with bigger wire.

im just wondering are these subs worth it in anybodys opinion?

i love my mephis sub to death but i almost cant pass this up.

thanks, hopefully i posted in an okay section? i hate being such of newbie at car audio but i know a little bit just to know the shops here are idiots saying kicker comps are so much better till they see my tiny little 12" in action.

Yea this^^^... you would only really need to change your box. All the things you mentioned are not needed unless you're changing to bigger amplifiers.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

2k for a "sq" subwoofer? Can you list the specs of the subwoofer and amplifier you're looking to get. Also what type if enclosure you looking to get?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

that subwoofers rating is from 1500 to 3k rms. its capable for a 12" subwoofer from my research

http://www.bravoxaudio.com/edx.asp hope its ok to post the website it wont let my copy the specs darn flashlike websites! haha.

maybe ill just run a 1,500 watt rms at 1ohm and have a little more longevity out of the sub.(still undecided on the amp till i can find a decent one.

yeah i think it means it takes 1500 rms all day everyday. and 3k for 10 second bursts.

if your looking for a good amp for cheap id look into the hifonics brz1700d it should be perfect for that sub

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

yeah i think it means it takes 1500 rms all day everyday. and 3k for 10 second bursts.

if your looking for a good amp for cheap id look into the hifonics brz1700d it should be perfect for that sub

For some reason I don't think this guy is looking for a whatever cheap amp lol

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs