Reasonable price for Viper 5901 Install?

The good thing about Best buy is that they are DEI certified to so you should get a lifetime warranty on the install.

Well the way I feel now its worth it to get this thing installed professionally to protect my investment. Someone broke into my car 4 years ago and took a cheap ass GPS unit. But lately in have been noticing a crap load of new scratches on my car and I think its people in the neighborhood just brushing my vehicle with their crap or kids playing in the neighbor and the scratch my car up.

One day I saw a kid riding one of those little scooter things on the sidewalk and bust his ass and his little scooter landed inches from someone’s bumper. Nothing my alarm could really do to prevent something like that from happening but I am sure that kid would remember not to play around my car.

The good thing about Best buy is that they are DEI certified to so you should get a lifetime warranty on the install.

Well the way I feel now its worth it to get this thing installed professionally to protect my investment. Someone broke into my car 4 years ago and took a cheap ass GPS unit. But lately in have been noticing a crap load of new scratches on my car and I think its people in the neighborhood just brushing my vehicle with their crap or kids playing in the neighbor and the scratch my car up.

One day I saw a kid riding one of those little scooter things on the sidewalk and bust his ass and his little scooter landed inches from someone’s bumper. Nothing my alarm could really do to prevent something like that from happening but I am sure that kid would remember not to play around my car.

Yeah alarms can be complicated so if your not completely sure that you can do the instal it is better to have a pro do it. Its better to pay a little bit extra to get the alarm hooked up right then it would be to pay for a whole new system. I have the same alarm that you do and I have had zero problems with it. In fact I love it. The remote start and the 2 way are awesome. I am gonna add the glass sensors to mine soon. Which is fairly easy to do with these alarms. Good luck.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Yeah alarms can be complicated so if your not completely sure that you can do the instal it is better to have a pro do it. Its better to pay a little bit extra to get the alarm hooked up right then it would be to pay for a whole new system. I have the same alarm that you do and I have had zero problems with it. In fact I love it. The remote start and the 2 way are awesome. I am gonna add the glass sensors to mine soon. Which is fairly easy to do with these alarms. Good luck.

Thanks. Yeah I got all the sensors up front bc they all would benefit me in some way. Well everything but the tilt sensor since I dont have nice wheels. But will help with preventing my car from getting towed without my knowledge :pardon:

WRONG!

Since the alarm was most likely not bought at bestbuy, there is no warranty to be offered... So if you bought the unit from an online company, you might as well return it, because your attempt to save yourself a few bucks, is going to cost you much much more with NO warranty! That is unless you can do it yourself...

The last time I talked with our DEI rep, he said they are no longer shipping the instructions in the boxes to prevent DIYers from doing the alarms themselves, since Dealers know how to do installs, and they will not honer any warrnty claim brought to them that does not have a receipt for the instal/and alarm purchase from a DEI dealer.

And FYI, Most shops will charge you an arm and a leg to install an alarm that was not bought from their store.

Most shops will charge 400-600 for the alarm & install, but this usually does not include any Xpress Kit bypass need for most newer vehicles.

WRONG!

Since the alarm was most likely not bought at bestbuy, there is no warranty to be offered... So if you bought the unit from an online company, you might as well return it, because your attempt to save yourself a few bucks, is going to cost you much much more with NO warranty! That is unless you can do it yourself...

The last time I talked with our DEI rep, he said they are no longer shipping the instructions in the boxes to prevent DIYers from doing the alarms themselves, since Dealers know how to do installs, and they will not honer any warrnty claim brought to them that does not have a receipt for the instal/and alarm purchase from a DEI dealer.

And FYI, Most shops will charge you an arm and a leg to install an alarm that was not bought from their store.

Most shops will charge 400-600 for the alarm & install, but this usually does not include any Xpress Kit bypass need for most newer vehicles.

Really? That must be new cause I got a lifetime warranty on mine and I bought it online too.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

WRONG!

Really? That must be new cause I got a lifetime warranty on mine and I bought it online too.

why would someone give you a lifetime warranty on a product they didnt sell you? was it a warranty on just the install?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

WRONG!

I wasn't hoping to get a warranty but that was also something i thought about but I paid like $200 and bestbuy charges $530 and that includes basic install.

so none of the extra sensor i brought are included in that basic install. me buying the sensors myself was a lot cheaper than buying the sensors from them. I brought all of my sensors for less than the price of one of theirs.

WRONG!

why would someone give you a lifetime warranty on a product they didnt sell you? was it a warranty on just the install?

Yeah I think what I said is being misunderstood. If you buy your alarm from a DEI certified dealer you should get some kind of warranty with it. What I am talking about is if you take it to Best buy (Which is a DEI certified dealer) they (Best buy) will give you a lifetime warranty on the installation not on your equipment but the work that they do for you.

WRONG!

You obviously brought it Bestbuy.com. But I dont care for a warranty, as long as they do what I pay them to and and install it correctly my insurance will cover the rest, :lol:

Archived