Sonic Electronix

so i want to make sure i am right on this... So if i wire 2 speakers together (in parallel) that handle 100wrms each i do still run about 100wrms or am i able to run 200wrms? sorry for the noob question just wanna make sure that way i dont purchase an amp to large

Ok so i answered my own question with some other research...

http://www.usspeaker.com/speaker%20wiring-1.htm Parallel Wiring - Speakers of equal impedances you divide the impedance value by the number of speakers. To determine the wattage you add the wattage of the speakers together.

If you wire (4) 16 ohm speakers in parallel you'd have a 4 ohm cabinet. (2) 16 ohm speakers in parallel would give you an 8 ohm cabinet. If you were using (4) 100 watts speakers you'd have 400 watts power handling. If you were using (2) 100 watt speakers you'd have 200 watts power handling.

So know what i need help with is if i have 4 speakers and 2 are 150wrms and the other 2 are 100wrms would i be able to run 500wrms if they were all the same ohm load and wired in parallel to have a 2ohm load then wired into a mono amp? sorry if its confusing i just would like to do things right.

Speakerset.jpg

This is more of an example of what i am trying to do. So now i know there is a total of 500wrms. Would i be able to wire it something like this? Could i do the 500wrms or should i do 400wrms? Any suggestions? Also if i use a bass blocker that blocks 0-400hz @ 4ohm's would i see it to block 0-200hz @ 8ohm's or 0-800hz @ 2ohm's? I may be making this more difficult than it really is but i just want to get this right.

Is your amp 1 ohm stable? 4 SVC 4ohm speakers wired parallel results in a 1 ohm load.

Not to mention a mono amp is for bass. The response will not go much above 250 Hz. No sound will come out of those speakers if it's a class D mono amp.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i have been looking around and i have seen some amps to allow the frequency response to be 20-20000hz http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/Rockford-Fosgate-P400-1-Punch-Series-400-Watt-RMS-Mono-Block-Amplifier-Car-Amp/P400-1.aspx just as an example. This is why i was wondering. also if i was to use a 2 channel amp and get 4 tweeters that are capable of handling 70wrms and i get 4 of them and each one is 8ohm load and wired together for a 4ohm load and they are in each channel and i have the midbass bridged how would that work?

edit: also what about the little capacitors on the tweeters how would they work in this situation? Also if i use a bass blocker that blocks 0-400hz @ 4ohm's would i see it to block 0-200hz @ 8ohm's or 0-800hz @ 2ohm's?

Edited by KenC210

IIRC, if you wire two speakers in parallel, you dont increase the RMS of the speaker, the ohm load to the amp increases the wattage that goes to the said speakers.. If i missed that some one already said that, my bad.. just trying to lend some helpful advice.

Edited by Stephen_og

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.