I like the fact that you are learning and applying (hopefully). I agree that different subs should not be wired to the same amp and that they should not be stacked that high. You may gain a little if you lay them back so the subs fire up, you may not. Just make sure you soak up as much knowledge as u can and don't be afraid to ask questions.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

if you look at the plan with the 6 12s...they are all in their own idividual sealed box built into one box. so i can build each individual box to the specs of that sub

but why is it bad to wire up two brands to the same sub if they are the same max watts?

i am here to learn and im not affraid to admitt that i know almost nothing about systems lol

U never want to look at max, rms is the key number.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

For starters . As I was told many moons ago, BOSS audio is a NO NO.

You should also look at your Equipment RMS ratings. That's what matters. The PEAK ratings on the dustcaps and amplifier faces are mere marketing schemes .

Even the boss amps rms rating is going to be WAAAAAAAAY over what it actually is

Start over imo. Your amp is putting out nowhere near 3500 watts. Sell what you have, and maybe grab an AQ 1200d and a couple Obsidian Audio woofers. They both make great products for cheap. Build a box to specs. And you will be loud.

You wouldn't need any crazy electrical upgrades either. Big 3 upgrade and that's it.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

well the rms is the same on both pairs

but the boss is the only thing i could afford at the moment with decent power and for $50 it is good enough for now

now the guy at the audio shop is telling me that i need two batterys and 0 gauge power wire instead of my 4 gauge with a breaker and my one optima yellow top

is that tru? cause it seems fine to me but im not an expert and i wanna find out from people who know but arnt trying to get money from me

That box with the 6 subs in it looks like a bandpass box to me. Which has a sealed section and a vented(ported) section. My suggestion to the original poster: learn absolutely ALL you can soak up, and focus on one part of your build at a time. Start with a box build for the subs you want, then proper wiring, nicer amp and so forth. Just go slow and do it right, and you'll have a great system.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

well the rms is the same on both pairs

but the boss is the only thing i could afford at the moment with decent power and for $50 it is good enough for now

now the guy at the audio shop is telling me that i need two batterys and 0 gauge power wire instead of my 4 gauge with a breaker and my one optima yellow top

is that tru? cause it seems fine to me but im not an expert and i wanna find out from people who know but arnt trying to get money from me

You don't need bigger than 4 gauge for that amp. 0 gauge in the future if you plan to go bigger.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived