DC Sound Lab

Ray you know how I feel. Go with the 9k with the option to add later. Or just go 2 7.5s :)

Boilermaker.....

Where do you come up with that assumption? Ive ran that 9k board at .25 daily with monster electrical and with stock electrical with a couple extra batts. I've never had an issue. Do I recommend it for everyone nope lol But it can be done with success. Hell we strapped a pr at .25 and they lived lol

Sounds like the most votes is for 1 9k to start and work up to 2 9ks. I obviously cant speak for your specific application but I just feel that going with 4 Level 5s on a single 9k would be wasting alot of the potential of that sub. Now 2 9ks will bring them to life.

My goal is high 50s nonwall say burp a 58 play music in the 56s then wall or 4th order it when I want more. And yea I think I'm going to start with 1 9k for now then buy another when I can afford it. Thanks guys for all the input.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

My goal is high 50s nonwall say burp a 58 play music in the 56s then wall or 4th order it when I want more. And yea I think I'm going to start with 1 9k for now then buy another when I can afford it. Thanks guys for all the input. And yes I will be posting xls and dds for sale when I get back from my vacation next week

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Sounds like the most votes is for 1 9k to start and work up to 2 9ks. I obviously cant speak for your specific application but I just feel that going with 4 Level 5s on a single 9k would be wasting alot of the potential of that sub. Now 2 9ks will bring them to life.

^^^^

im with you on that one

4 lvl 5s on 1 9k.... you have more power than that rite now so why?

Could you get 2 7.5ks or 2 9ks would be amazing tho, but so would the first option is cheaper

Edited by CortezDTV

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

4 9ks. You'll get your 58 if your truck stays together.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Id go 5ks x 4

Its cheaper than 2 9k's

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz