DC Sound Lab

Ray you know how I feel. Go with the 9k with the option to add later. Or just go 2 7.5s :)

Boilermaker.....

Where do you come up with that assumption? Ive ran that 9k board at .25 daily with monster electrical and with stock electrical with a couple extra batts. I've never had an issue. Do I recommend it for everyone nope lol But it can be done with success. Hell we strapped a pr at .25 and they lived lol

Well, its not an assumption. I've talked extensively with the US Sales Rep for Cactus, and the covno was mainly about the K9 (Same amp as DC 9K). Talked to him about burping it below .5 and above .5... Rob, you aren't the average joe blow either... I'd only recommend people that know what they are doing, do what you've done...

4 9ks. You'll get your 58 if your truck stays together.

I think the level 5s would come apart before the truck on 9k each.

I'd say at full tilt, yeah, but I'm pretty sure it can be done... I think people have ran a shit ton of power to those Lv5 18s and done stupid loud numbers before...

But, then again, what do I know... It's all hearsay... Lol...

I heard those same people smoke amps before subs too.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

what's wrong with your ddm4s?

Nothing wrong with them. Best amp I ever owned. I like loud music and I've done a lot of tricks to get louder. But haven't changed amps or subs.I've found the limitations of the xls. So its time to step up, rusty and I both agree 5s are the answer. 4-5ks would be nice but I have to consider space limitations etc. And if I did 9ks it would be 1 to start then another down the road. I'm limited on money right now so looking to try and sell what I have then cover the rest out of pocket

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

just sayin the jeep had a 9k at .3 daily and it took it fine

it would get hot obviously but never had a problem with thermal

it did every once in a while go into protect if there was no rise but you would be fine running at .3

I say a 9k and when you are ready then another 9k

they are beast!!

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Ray you know how I feel. Go with the 9k with the option to add later. Or just go 2 7.5s :)

Boilermaker.....

Where do you come up with that assumption? Ive ran that 9k board at .25 daily with monster electrical and with stock electrical with a couple extra batts. I've never had an issue. Do I recommend it for everyone nope lol But it can be done with success. Hell we strapped a pr at .25 and they lived lol

Well, its not an assumption. I've talked extensively with the US Sales Rep for Cactus, and the covno was mainly about the K9 (Same amp as DC 9K). Talked to him about burping it below .5 and above .5... Rob, you aren't the average joe blow either... I'd only recommend people that know what they are doing, do what you've done...

4 9ks. You'll get your 58 if your truck stays together.

I think the level 5s would come apart before the truck on 9k each.

I'd say at full tilt, yeah, but I'm pretty sure it can be done... I think people have ran a shit ton of power to those Lv5 18s and done stupid loud numbers before...

But, then again, what do I know... It's all hearsay... Lol...

I know the 5s will take 9k each for a burp, but for a 30 second bass race run or daily use I would be worried.

I think you will be very happy once you get the Level 5s up to full power with 2 9ks. Call me stupid but I am about to be putting 2 7.5s on 6 Level 3s daily, so I know these subs will handle stupid power.

Curt eigensee is clamping 7k out of each of his 5kss and does park and pound meca..30 sec on music metered outside the car.

He has 4lvl 5 18s and 8 5ks..... Just saying...

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I say go with 2 9ks if you're going to still stick around in s5,space for sure is limited In ur hoe ray.don't forget about batteries in your tahoe and more wire runs.if you wall it than its a whole different story,you maxed out your subs but what about the box?

Is it well embraced for those lvl 5s,you'll get some major excursion once those suckers break in

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

Your question is kind of answered it's self. The question is what do you have room for? I like how 4 5ks would handle the rise!

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising