Second Skin Audio

Sealed off trunks advantages?

What are the advantages of sealing off a trunk and doing subs and port firing into the cab? Is it the same idea as a wall?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

From what i understand yes kinda.. and you dont have canceling by bouncing back into the trunk

correct me if im wrong tho as i would like to learn. Just wanted to put my opinion out there

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

What are the advantages of sealing off a trunk and doing subs and port firing into the cab? Is it the same idea as a wall?

in most cases its alot louder compared to sub port back. obviously there are exceptions. lets you use more volume when building boxes. sometimes it lets you play ALOT lower than you could with other configs. you can smell coil alot faster if you like to clip. you can also hear mechanical limit sooner. to some people it sounds better. basically it ACTS like a wall, but it still isnt a wall lol.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

A big advantage imo is no restricted air flow.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

in most cases its alot louder compared to sub port back. obviously there are exceptions. lets you use more volume when building boxes. sometimes it lets you play ALOT lower than you could with other configs. you can smell coil alot faster if you like to clip. you can also hear mechanical limit sooner. to some people it sounds better. basically it ACTS like a wall, but it still isnt a wall lol.

pretty much what I was gonna say. the few I've seen walled off they all gained in every aspect. Only thing I've heard they lost was SQ but hey

lol of all things i forgot about hurr tricks.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

lol of all things i forgot about hurr tricks.

Lol. Gotta have hair tricks. :drinks:

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets