not bad. ill guess its in the low 40s. 43ish

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

not bad. ill guess its in the low 40s. 43ish

Thanks nate....Ill be happy if break into the 40s, especially being tuned as low as I am.... I feel thats something to be proud of for my first real effort into a system.

And man, I used to think my 2 American Bass Xd 12s in a crap box on a crunch amp was loud..LMAO

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Wait an 18 will only hit in the 40s??? I was think low 50s

that would be very difficult to hit with a single 18. IIRC when meade still had his BTL's he was hitting mid to upper 150's. and he had 4 of those suckers being given plenty of power.

the meter score is only numbers, though. the most important thing in a daily setup is for you to like what you have. if you like it, F*ck what the numbers and anyone else says. it's not their system.

but who knows. it's hard to know just what something will meter until it's actually tested.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

140 is really loud for a daily driver to be honest. a 150 is a whole new level. He just doesnt have the power or cone area to get there. It can be done with 1 18 but I dont think this has it in it. Alot of people will swear to god its a 150 by ear but then they get on the meter and its a 146 or so. Its not easy doing 150s. the guys who do it with ease have all spent a lot of time getting to that point.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wait an 18 will only hit in the 40s??? I was think low 50s

that would be very difficult to hit with a single 18. IIRC when meade still had his BTL's he was hitting mid to upper 150's. and he had 4 of those suckers being given plenty of power.

the meter score is only numbers, though. the most important thing in a daily setup is for you to like what you have. if you like it, F*ck what the numbers and anyone else says. it's not their system.

but who knows. it's hard to know just what something will meter until it's actually tested.

Well put and good example...Like I said in an above reply, I love optimism, but I know 50s arent in the book for me at this point, and really, I never put two seconds into worrying what it would meter when its done, it was put together to pound low as fukk on my way to and from work, and to practice things like glassing, box building and layout, upgrading electrical etc... its been fun and good practice for the ideas brewing in the back of my head for shortly after tax return time... But having said that, It is getting metered just to know, I like some sort of hard data to affirm the work I did I guess, not to mention it is fun to hear what guesses people think itll do..

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

140 is really loud for a daily driver to be honest. a 150 is a whole new level. He just doesnt have the power or cone area to get there. It can be done with 1 18 but I dont think this has it in it. Alot of people will swear to god its a 150 by ear but then they get on the meter and its a 146 or so. Its not easy doing 150s. the guys who do it with ease have all spent a lot of time getting to that point.

X2... couldnt have said it better myself. Bbbuuuuuuuuuutttt Im going to aim for mid 50's next time around.

:ph34r:

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

power and box design

Lacking and good

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Literally just walked back into work from getting metered. results were decent, I met my goal and surpassed it a bit. 141.8, sealed up on the windshield playing gorilla zoe shit... and the computer running their termlab froze right after the song started to hit(mightve had a little more in it), and we also didnt get the chance to run any tones so im sure I couldve gotten a little higher score if the computer wouldve cooperated and I couldve played around a bit... So all in all im happy, especially when you take into account that my coils are at 1.3ohm each, and the sub is wired up to 2.6ohm right now, so the sub is realistically seeing 1000 watts at very best. Sub is getting dropped down to .65 ohm tonight and we will hit the meter again in a cpl days. No vids of gettin metered, but I snapped a quick one of the screen after it froze up... Ill get it posted later this evening.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived