Sonic Electronix

Tell me what subwoofers to buy!!

No, we are assuming that you are clipping based on the fact that user error is a MUCH more likely factor, than manufacturer defect. Is it possible? Of course, we are human. And no one is saying to buy a new amp. There is nothing wrong with the line you are using. Notice it was said, user error. So there may have been settings on the amp which were not set correctly, gains incorrectly set, head unit settings, maybe you have wired it incorrectly, or even do not have the electrical to support the draw. Maybe even the enclosure could be out of spec, or the SSF not tuned correctly. There are a lot of places a human can make a mistake, the product will do simply what it is told to do in the way it was designed to.

Good luck, and maybe posting much more accurate information will help with the problem solving stage.

And if you still choose another sub, at least this way you know you won't kill it with simple mistakes.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yup, dually noted. Thanks! Im gonna buy a DD1. To recap: Budget is 400+ (give or take 100 or so). 2600 RMS. 6cu/ft box. Anything goes for size of sub.

Thanks in advance :)

--Found Power Acoustik MOFO 15 on the cheap side. I hear bad things, anyone ever had experience with em?

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Thanks bro i'll check em out. I also found Kicker CVX15's for a good deal... I've only heard the L7's so idk..

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-2 Crescendo FT1

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Thanks bro i'll check em out. I also found Kicker CVX15's for a good deal... I've only heard the L7's so idk..

i have a couple of CVX 12's in my car right now. bought 4, blew one. it was probably user error on my part, but i was PISSED that day. right now i have them in a box that doesn't do them much justice, so i hate to tell you how they sound.

before i had my zx2500.1 i ran just a single CVX on my older jl 500.1 and it sounded pretty nice. the CVX's are more punchy than deep to me. they don't like to be overpowered.

looking back i wish i would have gotten a couple of FI Q's.

if you're gonna replace your subs, try to go with something a little more sturdy, like those BTL N3 15's for 500 each

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Yup, dually noted. Thanks! Im gonna buy a DD1. To recap: Budget is 400+ (give or take 100 or so). 2600 RMS. 6cu/ft box. Anything goes for size of sub.

Thanks in advance :)

--Found Power Acoustik MOFO 15 on the cheap side. I hear bad things, anyone ever had experience with em?

Just being honest...I am not too sure you are going to find anyone here who honestly believes you should choose the Power Acoustik or the CVX over the BTL. Just saying. You said the shop set the gains, but how did they do it? And what electrical upgrades have been done to support the amp? Specs to the enclosure? Tuning? Settings on the amp? What type/model headunit? How was the enclosure built, and how is speaker placement/firing?

I hate the Power Acoustiks with a passion, and the CVX...not a bad sub. It is a definitely decent budget sub. I am just not sure I would want to down grade.

Also, what's the voicecoil configuration of the sub?

My current setup has a 4cu box. My new box will be 6cu. Ok Now im willing to spend a bit more, realizing that I won't get the quality that i'm looking for if I buy crappy subs. I am now looking at:

AQ HDC415-D1-A: http://www.audioque.com/HDC415-D1-A_p_136.html

(15")

or

Kicker solo X 18": http://www.kicker.com/SoloX

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-2 Crescendo FT1

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT