Second Skin Audio

Kicker SoloX 18 or.... not?

Hifonics

Thanks a lot guys! I'm looking at 2x AQ HDC3 15's. I hear good things. How much can a sundown Z handle for RMS? Can't seem to find anything on their website. Only problem with AQ is that they don't seem to ship to Canada (where I live). Maybe there's a better choice out there for me.... I hear good things about DC as well but you can't buy em online. Anyone know how much 2x DC 15's that can do 2k rms or more would cost me?

Thanks a lot for your help guys

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

Hit up CJ18 for a price quote on two DC XL15s :)

Also, there are several members selling XLs in the For Sale section.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Thanks a lot guys! I'm looking at 2x AQ HDC3 15's. I hear good things. How much can a sundown Z handle for RMS? Can't seem to find anything on their website. Only problem with AQ is that they don't seem to ship to Canada (where I live). Maybe there's a better choice out there for me.... I hear good things about DC as well but you can't buy em online. Anyone know how much 2x DC 15's that can do 2k rms or more would cost me?

The Z's are rated at 1500, but theyll take upwards of 3k daily, i have a buddy running 2 12 z's and he plans on throwing 2 3500s at them over the winter.

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Hey guys,

I am hearing mixed reviews about the SOLOX 18. I was wondering if anyone had experience with them? A lot of people are saying that they heat up quick on very little power and are garbage, and other say they take every bit of the RMS and hunger for more. Also, are there any sub(s) out there that I should be looking at instead? My build is spl > sq but I still want a bit of sq. 6 cu box @ 35hz and 2600 rms (for now). Thanks for the input guys!

(P.S I hope this is the right place to post)

Fi BL or BTL

AQ HDC3 or HDC4

AA mayhem

just to name a few, cheaper AND BETTER then the solo x option.

For the airspace you have (6 cubes) 1 18 or 3 12's will be a lot better then 2 15's. For 2 15's you're gonna want 7 - 8 cubes AFTER displacements.

Thanks bro I might just do that! From experience do you think I could get away under 700 for 2x15's? :P

I will look into the Z more in detail. Strange that it's not on the sundown site though... (maybe I missed it)

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-2 Crescendo FT1

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log

For the airspace you have (6 cubes) 1 18 or 3 12's will be a lot better then 2 15's. For 2 15's you're gonna want 7 - 8 cubes AFTER displacements.

alright bud ty for the advice. I saw someone on the forum that was running in the 150's with 2x AQ HDC315's in a 5cu box though. I can't get my box any bigger due to size restrictions from the wife and I really don't wanna push a single sub again (want more cone area) I'm shocked she's even letting me do 2 15's haha. I was looking at the AQ HDC418 but I'm a bit skeptical about the aluminum coils...

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-2 Crescendo FT1

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log

ive never ever cared for a solo x install.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Thanks bro I might just do that! From experience do you think I could get away under 700 for 2x15's? :P

I will look into the Z more in detail. Strange that it's not on the sundown site though... (maybe I missed it)

you should be able to get 2 sundown sa 15"s for under $600 and they will for sure take 3k daily with ease...im not big fan of the kickers they seem to blow up in all my buddy's cars b4 i can hear them... :lol: but i have owed sundowns sa 12"s and they were by far the loudest set of 12"s i have ever owned or heard. FI also makes some dame good 18"s at a good price i have a 18" Fi Bl and it gets nasty loud...i dont know how much space you have but i would say get t2 15"s and it will be louder than 18"solo all day(depending on box &power) im not sure about the Z's or nightshades but Amazon sells sundown and im pretty sure they sill ship to Canada

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator