160db in the low 20hz range

150 db outside at what distance? port distance?

150 db off one sub?

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

^^ thats a really nice parking lot

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I have no idea what the hell you are trying to prove here but you are way the hell out in left field. There is a reason that NASA and everyone else uses the termlab. That cheap radio shack meter is not accurate no matter what you claim. Especially after posting that video. you do realize we are tlaking about sub frequencies right?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Are you trying to estimate SPL based off of the sensitivity rating and a weighted measurement from a non accurate mic type meter that is easily thrown off calibration?

If so, throw all those numbers out the window.

Nope. The designer, Bill Fitzmaurice speced the 110DB sensitivity for this folded horn. Which is directly inline with other folded/tapped horn designs out there.

Have you guys seen Tom Danley's TH-221 and TH-812 Tapped Horns? All of these measurements are measured in half-space. Outside basically on single plain (ground) :) If they are capable of doing 150's outside, imagine what they can do in an enclosed cabin with transfer function.

http://www.danleysou...pec%20sheet.pdf

http://www.danleysou...pec%20sheet.pdf

Danley Sound Labs are known for amazing things.

But put an enclosure setup for long distance in an enclosed space and it chokes it off and SPL drops.

Tapped Horns built in vans have shown this. Some have shown to be 20 dB Lower with the doors and windows sealed vs. opened up.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I have no idea what the hell you are trying to prove here but you are way the hell out in left field. There is a reason that NASA and everyone else uses the termlab. That cheap radio shack meter is not accurate no matter what you claim. Especially after posting that video. you do realize we are tlaking about sub frequencies right?

I understand completely.

What I am getting at is and apparently this wasn't clear. Using a traditional enclosure alignment won't get you 160dbs @ 20hz, at least inside of an automobile. There physically isn't enough space. Sealed/Ported just don't have the efficiencies that modern tapped horns deliver.

My videos where there to exemplify the need for a more sensitive design, that which isn't currently conventionally used in todays DBDrag venues. 160@55hz is FAR easier then 160@20hz as everyone here knows. My point was to think outside the box.

When the military gave Tom Danley the requirements to build the Matterhorn as a percussive defense device, there were size constraints similar to what we see in todays vans. To achieve that goal he had to think outside the box and leverage a more efficient design. Again, sealed/ported won't get you there.

Sorry if I ruffled any of the traditional thinkers on modern enclosure design. You can't argue with Hoffmans Iron Law.

no feathers ruffled. more curiousity than anything. You come from a different realm than us.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

More efficient designs are needed for sure, but folded horns are not going to take us there in an enclosed cabin.. at least not traditional designs.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived