Second Skin Audio

some support with box?

KenC210

Lexan is definitely what you're thinking of CVX. Its what they make NASCAR windshields out of and is strong as hell.

is that something i can pick up at a hardware store? say home depot or lowes.

And also what about putting each sub in its own box cuz of my to amp configuration?

eBay is your friend as far as the Lexan goes. It was created by GE(I woulvldve guessed DuPont or 3M). If you can find it locally, I'd do that instead of eBay though. And in reference to your subs, no, you do not need them in separate boxes. They can share the same airspace and GE wired to TWO separate amps. The trick is, you're going to need to gain match the amps. An O-scope, DD-1 and/or digital multi meter(DMM) would be the way to go.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Lexan is not cheap regardless of where you get it. It is not horribly priced but not cheap at the same time.

Where in TX are you located? I'm in OKC and I may be able to lend a hand with some of the building if you like.

As for the right way to build a window. There are several ways to go about this. It will wind up boiling down to how much area will actually be view-able. This will dictate how you can build it in and cover any edges you don't want seen.

Lexan is not cheap regardless of where you get it. It is not horribly priced but not cheap at the same time.

Where in TX are you located? I'm in OKC and I may be able to lend a hand with some of the building if you like.

As for the right way to build a window. There are several ways to go about this. It will wind up boiling down to how much area will actually be view-able. This will dictate how you can build it in and cover any edges you don't want seen.

In san antonio... to far from OK for any hands on work most i would expect is help from members here, thanks for the offer. All i really want to be seen is the motors of the subs really this way when the LEDS hit on the notes it would look sick. But i guess there was a topic on plexiglass on here... http://www.estreetplastics.com/Polycarbonate_Lexan_Sheets_s/32.htm

CleanSierra: i would just have to have about the same AC voltage on the DMM right? i dont have access to either a dd-1 or an o-scope. i am very new to car audio and dont know many people into car audio around here. there are a few car clubs around here but doesnt seem like they put to much into there audio part of their rides

is dave the box guy on here

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)

Someone in San Antonio should have a DD-1. I really need to get my amps tuned.

see if you lived in a place full of bassheads, you could buy the DD-1 and tune everybody's system for like $10-$15 a pop, you could make your money back in a hurry.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived