Survey For My Writing Class, Please Help!

I am currently writing a technical report for my writing 227 class on increasing the quality of a stock stereo, this survey is on of my first hand research sources that I will be using for this report. If you could please fill out the survey it would help me out a lot. The class says to shoot for about 100 filled out surveys, so that’s what I’m going for. It does not matter how much you know on car electronics, anyone and everyone is welcome to fill one out. Please just post your filled out surveys below. Thank you very much.

How long have you been involved in car audio?

Approximately how much money (retail) do you have in your system?

What kind of system do you have? ( sq, sql, spl )

On a scale of 1-10, how important would you say that a vehicles Charging/electrical system is?

On a scale of 1-10, how much does the enclosure matter for a subwoofer?

What kind of enclosure are your sub(s) currently in. (Sealed, vented, band-pass, other)

Approximately how much power (RMS) does your system have?

In your opinion, what is the most important and overlooked aspect of car audio in regards of increasing sound quality/output?

How much (if any) sound deadening is used in your vehicle?

Please write the features/properties that you look for in each of the following components

Head Units:

Component Speakers:

Amplifiers:

Subwoofers:

Batteries/Power Cells:

Please list your favorite brand names for car audio products. (Ex. Alpine, RE, Fi)

once again, thank you for the help, it is greatly appreciated!

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Head Unit: Alpine 9885 with full speed ipod connect and Sirius Satellite radio

Front Stage: Focal polyglass 165 V2 6 1/2"

Rear Fill: Focal Acess 165 CA1 6 1/2" coaxial's

Component Amp: JL 300/4

Subwoofer Amp: JL 1000/1v2

Subwoofer: JL 13W7 in JL spec ported box

Electrical: Ohio generators 200A alternator + optima yellowtop

For Sale: JL e1200, JL e2150, JL 12w3v2 in sealed box PM me if interested

3 years almost i think

$600 if that

SPL "daily, no comps"

ported 7 cubes 35hz

1500 sub, 200 coax

not sure

EQ, high voltage, dvd, mp3, graphics, internal amp

to fill in the gaps that the subwoofer frequency doesn't hit and need to be a softer material cone for a fuller sound "oppose to metal or harder cones"

fuse rating, size, class, options, looks cool a +

size, DVC, rated conservatively, and recone <--- a must

CCA and overall bang/buck

FI,RF,Kicker,Pioneer, atomic

:D

good luck on the survey

Edited by Coolwazabi

How long have you been involved in car audio? ~4years

Approximately how much money (retail) do you have in your system? $8750

What kind of system do you have? ( sq, sql, spl ) SQL

On a scale of 1-10, how important would you say that a vehicles Charging/electrical system is? 10

On a scale of 1-10, how much does the enclosure matter for a subwoofer? 10

What kind of enclosure are your sub(s) currently in. (Sealed, vented, band-pass, other) Ported

Approximately how much power (RMS) does your system have? +6000

In your opinion, what is the most important and overlooked aspect of car audio in regards of increasing sound quality/output? Chraging system

How much (if any) sound deadening is used in your vehicle? working 100sqft of damp pro/hush mat, 3 sheets overkill and 5 sheets lux liner

Please write the features/properties that you look for in each of the following components

Head Units: DVD-audio, +5v, dvd video, 5.1, low impendance, good/clean overall look

Component Speakers: clean sound

Amplifiers: RF logo

Subwoofers: loud and clean

Batteries/Power Cells: AH and CCA

Please list your favorite brand names for car audio products. Ohio Gen, Rockford fosgate, Kinetik, RE

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

How long have you been involved in car audio?- about 10 years

Approximately how much money (retail) do you have in your system? currently about 2 grand

What kind of system do you have? ( sq, sql, spl )- LSQ

On a scale of 1-10, how important would you say that a vehicles Charging/electrical system is?-10

On a scale of 1-10, how much does the enclosure matter for a subwoofer?-10

What kind of enclosure are your sub(s) currently in. (Sealed, vented, band-pass, other)-vented

Approximately how much power (RMS) does your system have?- currently at 1500 watts.......will be 6000 soon LOL

In your opinion, what is the most important and overlooked aspect of car audio in regards of increasing sound quality/output? Clear tuning

How much (if any) sound deadening is used in your vehicle? none right now

Head Units: RCA voltage, reliability, flexablity to adapt

Component Speakers: ways to power (2 way vs one way), clearity and output capabilityies of the mids

Amplifiers: reliability, amperage draw, ability to take 'burps' ar low ohm levels

Subwoofers: coil configuration, power handling, ease of terminal usage, strength of componants used to make product

Batteries/Power Cells: durability, size variety

Please list your favorite brand names for car audio products. (Ex. Alpine, RE, Fi) Sundown, ***, Pioneer, Kicker, Tsunami, and Focal

Hope this helped

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

I've been into it since I was 15... so 7years.

Retail wise: i don't even want to think... last time I figured somewhere like $4000

SQL? idk... it's what sounds good to ME.

On a scale of 1-10, how important would you say that a vehicles Charging/electrical system is?

10... absolute 10. I do electrical upgrades in all my cars before I even add anything.

Another 10... without a good box... where are you going to be.

What kind of enclosure are your sub(s) currently in. (Sealed, vented, band-pass, other)

Vented... 4ft^3 tuned to 34.

1700wrms

In your opinion, what is the most important and overlooked aspect of car audio in regards of increasing sound quality/output?

Sound deadening and electical upgrades.

Dynamat Extreme... I get it cheap at work. And a couple gallons of sludge I got from an install.

Head Units: Depends on the install... if they aren't amping the speakers I always look for a HPF filter... eq... etc.

Component Speakers: Not a whole lot... I go by what they sound like to my ear.

Amplifiers: Warranty and where the amps are made.

Subwoofers: RMS... recommended enclosure size... warranty... how easy it is to get shit warrantied.

Batteries/Power Cells: CCA and size.

Please list your favorite brand names for car audio products. (Ex. Alpine, RE, Fi)

Kicker, Memphis, Pioneer, Boston, Diamond, JL(hate on!, but at what I pay for it... they aren't bad).

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Some more would be really helpful, thanks guys!

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Head Unit: Alpine 9885 with full speed ipod connect and Sirius Satellite radio

Front Stage: Focal polyglass 165 V2 6 1/2"

Rear Fill: Focal Acess 165 CA1 6 1/2" coaxial's

Component Amp: JL 300/4

Subwoofer Amp: JL 1000/1v2

Subwoofer: JL 13W7 in JL spec ported box

Electrical: Ohio generators 200A alternator + optima yellowtop

For Sale: JL e1200, JL e2150, JL 12w3v2 in sealed box PM me if interested

How long have you been involved in car audio? 5 years

Approximately how much money (retail) do you have in your system? $7,500 (retail)

On a scale of 1-10, how important would you say that a vehicles Charging/electrical system is? 10

What kind of enclosure are your sub(s) currently in. (Sealed, vented, band-pass, other) vented

Approximately how much power (RMS) does your system have? 5000

In your opinion, what is the most important and overlooked aspect of car audio in regards of increasing sound quality/output? air space

How much (if any) sound deadening is used in your vehicle? none

Head Units: high preamp, good eqs

Component Speakers: loud and clear

Amplifiers: efficiency and high power

Subwoofers: power handling

Batteries/Power Cells: hold charge and recharges fast

Please list your favorite brand names for car audio products. Rockford Fosgate , Digital design, Pioneer, Atomic, RE, FI, Kinetik

Edited by Chode69
NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

How long have you been involved in car audio? about 19yrs

Approximately how much money (retail) do you have in your system? currently about 20K

What kind of enclosure are your sub(s) currently in. (Sealed, vented, band-pass, other) Ported

Approximately how much power (RMS) does your system have? 15,000 watts

In your opinion, what is the most important and overlooked aspect of car audio in regards of increasing sound quality/output? Planning/paying attention to the details

How much (if any) sound deadening is used in your vehicle? 2layers over entire interior surfaces

Head Units: Ease of use, DVD/Navigation, output voltage, Flexibility

Component Speakers: Clarity, power handeling

Amplifiers: Reliability

Subwoofers: Reliability

Batteries/Power Cells: Ah's and CCA's

Please list your favorite brand names for car audio products. (Ex. Alpine, RE, Fi)Eclipse, Kenwood, Rockford Fosgate, RE, T3

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

How long have you been involved in car audio?

10 years

$3200

spl but not a fart system

ported

according to mfg. specs 3700rms

with sound quality would be placement and output would be the matching of componets to power supplies

2 layers of peel stick , then 3/4 foam on roof, and 5-9 inches of foam on sides and top of box along with 1 layer on floor and doors

Head Units: pause and high voltage output

Component Speakers: cone and surround build materal

Amplifiers: power rms at certina ohm

Subwoofers:xmax , sen. 1w/1m cone materal

Batteries/Power Cells: rated ah, and terminal options along with size

Please list your favorite brand names for car audio products. (Ex. Alpine, RE, Fi) im open to many except sony explode and jensen lower lines

but thus far in the game funkin audio has won my mind but there gone so next would have to be memphis audio for options on subs, IE* lower line that still performs good and is affordable to hardcore mojo thats unafordable

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets