Second Skin Audio

First attempt. tell me how i did!

412 CVX

Not built = reserved comments. :P

Until it's built I'm going to hold my tongue.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Built like a tank man I like it better than mine. Whats the purpose of such a thick baffle and doubled on the rest. Is that really necessary or is this desing just for high powered subs. Ports can be that big and not lose excursion control if I'm asking it right.

there is ALOT of pressure inside a box like that.. single layer box would simply fall apart.. u can NEVER build a "overkill box".. the thicker the better

when box panels flex and such u lose SPL and eventually it will lead to death failure lol

and yes u can build a port "too big" but the general rule of thumb is 12 to 16 inchs per cubic foot..more port area = deep thick bass

Ok dindn't think of it that way.I never had that much power to worry about box failure.Thanks for the port info this post and another has been very helpfull.One thing for sure SMD has to be the best stereo forum out there.IMO

you must of missed my post of having a box with over 40,000 watts on it with single layerd 3/4 inch mdf doing 160's that does not fail cause it was built properly

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Oh i see how it is. you cant give me the silent treatment forever!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I liked the fb and wrote on da wall

Because you're awesome :)

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Built like a tank man I like it better than mine. Whats the purpose of such a thick baffle and doubled on the rest. Is that really necessary or is this desing just for high powered subs. Ports can be that big and not lose excursion control if I'm asking it right.

there is ALOT of pressure inside a box like that.. single layer box would simply fall apart.. u can NEVER build a "overkill box".. the thicker the better

when box panels flex and such u lose SPL and eventually it will lead to death failure lol

and yes u can build a port "too big" but the general rule of thumb is 12 to 16 inchs per cubic foot..more port area = deep thick bass

Ok dindn't think of it that way.I never had that much power to worry about box failure.Thanks for the port info this post and another has been very helpfull.One thing for sure SMD has to be the best stereo forum out there.IMO

you must of missed my post of having a box with over 40,000 watts on it with single layerd 3/4 inch mdf doing 160's that does not fail cause it was built properly

No sir the page stopped stoped at the post before yours.After I posted yours showed up.

reminds me of Steve box. Siik all the way man.

it certainly has some similarities ;)

i looked at some of his rebuild videos, and i'm not sure how he fit 18's in the space he has. certainly a tight squeeze.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Now let's see if you can build it :popcorn:

x2

Do work son! No pressure tho. LOL

BTW I hate it when you gotta bump your own thread to get noticed in this place. It's getting kinda crowded here in SMD so it's harder now to get heard.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

i wish i had an SUV and money of my own. then i might attempt it!

yeah that's becoming somewhat annoying. i guess it's a good thing that SMD is getting more members, but it def is hard to get noticed sometimes.

i guess this could be considered a bump lol! :P

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived