DC Sound Lab

can a 15 XL be use to play house music aka hit fast?

its been said before a sub is stupid it does what its told period fast high bass low and slow bass what ever its all in the install

and therefor any sub could be used to do good sq as well look at kingsuv or bill 2 dc 18's lvl 5's i beleive was able to score over an 81 in meca sq out of a score of a 100

i used a lvl 3 12 and it did real well for sq as well

its more about your amp and box then anything

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

its been said before a sub is stupid it does what its told period fast high bass low and slow bass what ever its all in the install

and therefor any sub could be used to do good sq as well look at kingsuv or bill 2 dc 18's lvl 5's i beleive was able to score over an 81 in meca sq out of a score of a 100

i used a lvl 3 12 and it did real well for sq as well

its more about your amp and box then anything

Hell Alpine has been the closest one yet.

"tunning" you box higher means you didn't build the box correctly in the first place. My 2 18's ported box peaks at 37hz, plays down to 18hz with authority and will keep up with any speed double kick.

Getting a low tuned box to play the double kick is easier then getting a higher tuned box to play the low notes.

Try turning up the xover on the amp a little. My EQ brings the subs up to 63hz. My midbass comes in at 63hz and plays to 250 then the mids play from 250 to 3.2k and the tw takes the rest. A true dbl kick is in the 55ish range something that 99% of most midbass drivers CAN NOT keep up with. Don't short change your sub range on a bad design. Besides, a kick drum is on average 22" why would you want to reproduce that through a 6" speakershrug.gif

My 18's will give you a beating. Ask Roscoe he knows ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Are we talking about something going inside a house or car? I assumed a house, since he said house music but everyone is talking about car setups. I'm getting confused.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Are we talking about something going inside a house or car? I assumed a house, since he said house music but everyone is talking about car setups. I'm getting confused.

:lol:

OP I listen to all types of EDM and my last box was tuned to 37hz.. It kept up very nicely when I played house/electro beats and got down with screwed music when needed to. This was on 2 15" with an AQ3500 2cents.gif

Team Bass-Hz

house music is a type of music like rave shit

well damn, I sure didn't know that. I thought he was talking about music inside a house or room. So most of what I said may or may not apply as I have no idea what this music sounds like.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69