Know anyone who can fix pioneer pico fuses?

JZeFF

I have a pioneer x920bt... Blown pico fuse, terrible engine noise...

Pioneer wants more than 200 bucks to fix anything..

Anyone know of anyone who can fix it?

Or a shop I can send it to?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Wrap some bare wire around the outer jacket of the RCA's then ground to the frame of the radio. Should fix it.

I did that with an old pioneer that had engine noise, did absolutely nothing... Lol.

I'm pretty sure once the fuse is blown in needs to be fixed, or else your stuck with the noise.

EDIT: but everything is worth a try. Thanks!

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Wrap some bare wire around the outer jacket of the RCA's then ground to the frame of the radio. Should fix it.

I did that with an old pioneer that had engine noise, did absolutely nothing... Lol.

I'm pretty sure once the fuse is blown in needs to be fixed, or else your stuck with the noise.

EDIT: but everything is worth a try. Thanks!

Then the engine noise is somewhere else in your system. All the Pico fuse does is ground the RCA's, so doing the wire trick has to fix it.

grounding the rca should work. lot of people have done it to fix their pico fuse noise. otherwise, anyone could open up the unit, remove the blown fuse and just put a line of solder in its place or a 0ohm resistor.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• 1 month later...

ok, i know this is a lil old but i have had this issue for some time now and i kept trying to get a better ground for my amp and hu to fix it. ive known about the pico fuse but never clicked that it was the issue. finally gonna fix it now lmao

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Grounding rca's doesnt always get rid of the noise

Does help though

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Anc the pico fuse is a mother bitch to get to

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I did ground my rca's and it helped a lot. It reduced the noise so I was able to listen to my system, but there still was a little noise.

I found an electronic guy at a car audio shop locally and he fixed it for me for 20€ (about $27 !!!) and less than 24 hours.

It was on a prs 88 (European model of your 880 in the USA).

Lots of guys don't want Pioneer h u because of that noise. They don't know it's really easy to repair.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Paradyme here in Sacramento will do it for like $100

I had this issue with my P880PRS but decided to just get a new deck instead

I miss the active xover network and the ultra sexy looks, but that's about it

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived