Second Skin Audio

inverted noise

It sounds like a penny or something is vibrating in it i guess? not sure whats happening. On a side note, how would I wire a DVC sub in reverse, do i just need to switch everything or only the wires from the amp? Thanks for the help

2006 Ford Escape
Head Unit: Kenwood KDC 352
Subs: (3) 15" DC XL 15s with PSI recones, 1.4 ohm coils
Sub amp: DD Audio M4 (Black Version)
Door Speakers: (2) Crossfire 10s, (2) Hertz Coax.
Mid/highs amp: Rockford Fosgate P500-4

Electrical:
XS D3400 under the hood
(3) XS XP3000s in the back
2 runs of KnuKonceptz OFC 0 Gauge ran to the back (1 pos, 1 neg)
Excessive Amperage 300 amp alt (FINALLY!)

just swap them at the amp.

Put something over the coil vent (the hole in the end of the magnet) if it has one to see if it stops.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I cant really hear anything that sounds like its slapping on your video but check the following....

1.) Play the sub at its max volume it can go to without clipping and feel around the area where the landing of the basket is setting against the box. If you feel some or any air coming out then you need to seal it up with something like window insulator foam or make sure the screws are tightened down all the way

2.) Listen closely to where the vents are in your sub (idk if this is the same sub as in your signature but if it is please keep reading this part) play a song that has some bass to it and turn the radio up just enough to get the woofer moving a decent amount (maybe like 1/4 or 1/2 of full tilt) and put your ear next to the pole vent (the big hole in the middle of your magnet) and put your ear near the small holes between the basket and motor. You should hear almost like a hissing noise, this is totally normal as the gap between the pole piece and coil itself is small and the air gets compressed around it when the sub starts to move a lot (this is how subs cool themselves)

3.) Look between the cone of your sub and the basket of your sub. If you follow the leads where you connect the speaker wires up to, it will have 4 small tinsel leads which connect to the middle of the subwoofer. Try to put some window insulator foam on the areas where that tinsel wire runs and see if that corrects what you are hearing.

4.) Inspect your subs surround and spider pack for any loose parts where the glue may have failed. Push on the surround and spider back GENTLY to see if any parts of them appear to separate from the rest of the sub. If they do then you need to glue them back into place.

5.) Make sure your speaker wires do not get into any area where the cone is moving and that they are not run from the inside of your subwoofer opening to the outside as this will cause the air in the box to escape making a wind noise.

Id say check those 5 things and let me know what you find. My AA SMD 18" gets a TON of coil noise on it when i really start to slam on my sub. The coil isnt burnt, the coil isnt damaged, sub is completely centered, everything is perfectly normal on it. Its just a design on my woofers pole vents and even when i played my SMD free air on low power in my basement before i put it in my truck i heard the wind noise coming from where the coil moves up and down a little bit. You may be experiencing this. Mine is almost similar to putting your ear into the wind and covering up your ear and uncovering your ear over and over again. I can only really hear that if im right next to the port of my box though.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I had this problem on a customers subs, had inverted subs and someone had dropped a small rock inside the pole vent and when the sub would move that rock would hit the inside of the dust cover making a ticking sound.....took me weeks to figure out what it was.

The 2 possibilities I can think of are either tinsel leads slapping against the cone(you should be able to see this) or if you box is too big now for the power you are putting to it, you could be jumping the gap and the popping you hear is the coil hitting the pole on its way back down.

its probably just mechanical noise. some speakers have more than others and thats just the way they are. its very common for it to be audible once you invert subs.

just read page two. ya, maybe something fell into the pole vent.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.