USB drive issue...

Hello all, as the title says I have some USB problems. What I mean is I had put songs on 2 separate drives and only a small portion actually play through my HU. I tried searching through the drive from my HU and pick a song that wasn't playing and it won't play. But when I plug the USB into my computer or Xbox it shows and plays every single song.

I have also tried putting songs on in sections and every single song works, but when I put all the sections together it doesn't play them all. My friends usb's play all the songs no problems. So maybe my computer is a POS and won't put them all on? Idk, does anyone have any tips or advice?

A limit on files I believe, that's why it plays when divided up into folders.

When they are all put together, the length of the list is too long for the radio to read.

I've had mp3 players the did the same.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

What h/u?

Some h/u's have a hard time with some usb drives and wont recognize them and depending on the h/u you may not have much more than 2gigs to play with before you get errors and or it won't read it.

Make sure that all songs are not copy right protected, if you use something like zune and d/l with it you'll have to convert it from their format to a standard mp3.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

How is the flash drive formatted? Is it formatted through NTFS or FAT32? I to had a mp3 player do the same thing but only when i formatted to NTFS, when i wiped it and put it to FAT32 it solved it and i could throw all the songs i wanted on there without making a folder for ever one.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

The HU is a pioneer DEH-73BT, the songs on my USB are all decaf songs, and I didn't think about checking the format. But I can put the songs on my IPhone and they all work with no problem. But I'm gonna play with the formatting when I get to my girls house cuz her comp runs faster then mine haha.

Im not sure what the formatting of the iphone is since apple changed the file systems but my old 30gb 4th gen ipod video was formatted as a fat32 volume so maybe that will help.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress