DC Sound Lab

Dc logo coming loose

My dc logo cover is coming loose and flapping against my xl 12. What glue do I need and can I get the glue at local hardware or automotive parts store?

CA glue eats thru the surround so be careful about using it on the dustcap. How old is the sub? I had a issue one time where my surround wasn't glued sown all the way and was making a noise, this was before I really knew how much damage it could have done. I called Rusty up and he overnighted me some of the rubber adhesive they use on the surrounds, it happened two times once for the surround and other for some of the spiders and both times without hesitation he sent me a small tube of the rubber glue. I would call and check with him maybe you need to use that glue also.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Guest jesseadkins187

CA glue eats thru the surround so be careful about using it on the dustcap. How old is the sub? I had a issue one time where my surround wasn't glued sown all the way and was making a noise, this was before I really knew how much damage it could have done. I called Rusty up and he overnighted me some of the rubber adhesive they use on the surrounds, it happened two times once for the surround and other for some of the spiders and both times without hesitation he sent me a small tube of the rubber glue. I would call and check with him maybe you need to use that glue also.

umm ive always used CA glue on my recones for the spider landing surround and dustcap and i've never had any problem with it...

Just going off of what Rusty has told me himself. I believe that you have never had a problem but he should call Rusty and ask he will either say use CA glue or he will send you the rubber glue like me.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Guest jesseadkins187

Just going off of what Rusty has told me himself. I believe that you have never had a problem but he should call Rusty and ask he will either say use CA glue or he will send you the rubber glue like me.

yeah i know the glue your talkin about the rubbery stuff and ive seen reviews were people just peel the surround off but ive own DC subs before and never had a prob with them coming off while in use but never tried ripping the surround off.. makes easier clean up id say the rubbery stuff cause CA glue is a bitch to chip away or grind/sand down

my sigs are glues with ca glue and there just fine :good: i would just go to a local hobby shop and grab some ca glue just dont glue your fingers together :rofl:

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

I mean my dust cap is coming loose. I brought the subs used. The person I brought the subs from said they were only a month old and I have about 4 hours of pounding on the sub. So can I use goop when I order my carbon fiber dust caps to?