XS power 1/0 power cable comparison w/ pics

We just got in a bunch of the new XS power 1/0 cable, and a bunch of people were asking for info on it so I thought I would make a thread.

Here are some comparison pics of OFC wire. From top to bottom:

standard 1/0 welding cable

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

SHOK 1/0 COMP

XS power 1/0 XS Flex

DSCN1487.jpg

From what I can tell, the three audio cables are pretty much the same. Same jacket, same flexibility, the XS power looks to have a little thinner jacket, maybe a little more copper, but it's hard to tell....

DSCN1488.jpg

DSCN1489.jpg

I'd say that for the price, it is pretty much comparable to any other premium "hyperflex" style audio cable.

Here's a similar comparison for the CCA XS power cable (XP Flex)

From Left to right, it's XS power XP flex and MechMan 2 AWG cable just for refference

they appear to be pretty much the same size as the OFC 1/0, except the strand count is higher, 5,250 for the both the SHOK and the XS XP.

DSCN1492.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

Looks like rebranded Kicker? Is the price better than the Kicker HyperFlex. I have a chunk of Kicker and it is identical to my RF 1/0, I just have a red jacket instead of blue.......pretty cool though if ya can save a few bucks and XS obviously has a good rep. Hey thanks for taking the time to do the comparison man!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

looks nice !! im still a fan of the welding cable ... does a fantastic job 100% copper and i love the jackets on welding cable ... nice and durable and when you solder dont have to worry about the jacket melting :-D looks good tho i would definitely buy it !!

Archived