PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

Single-ended-Class-A-Stereo-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-Audio-HiFi-Preamplifier-New

I got this pre amp a while back to run my tablet on my home stereo. They have a bunch of other tube amps too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-ended-Class-Stereo-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-Audio-HiFi-Preamplifier-New-/252094576365?hash=item3ab201f6ed

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I never got why people like that overly colored warmth of hot tube amps when we have such amazing processing technology today. It's like adding an 8 inch sub with high group delay next to some 15's in sealed where it doesn't belong just cause the audio hipsters tell everyone it's cool over n over until it becomes the truth.

2 hours ago, omnibus said:

I never got why people like that overly colored warmth of hot tube amps when we have such amazing processing technology today. It's like adding an 8 inch sub with high group delay next to some 15's in sealed where it doesn't belong just cause the audio hipsters tell everyone it's cool over n over until it becomes the truth.

Becuase everyones ears hear things differently, we all like a different sound to our music.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I didn't buy it for the tubes, I bought it for the pre amp. When digital recordings first came out they sounded overly sharp and this was one way to help it. I was curious how the tubes would sound sure, but truthfully I cant tell much of a difference. Either the tubes are a gimmick or my Sony home stereo from the early 90s already sounds warm to begin with.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

5 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

I didn't buy it for the tubes, I bought it for the pre amp. When digital recordings first came out they sounded overly sharp and this was one way to help it. I was curious how the tubes would sound sure, but truthfully I cant tell much of a difference. Either the tubes are a gimmick or my Sony home stereo from the early 90s already sounds warm to begin with.

I find aged transistor circuits seem to warm up over time. I had a Pioneer integrated amp from the 70s and was much better sounding that the new Pio receiver I picked up a couple years ago.

I have a couple tubes, one was an old GE from a pipe organ and has a really nice broken up tone that is perfect for classic rock.

The one that came with it is some generic tube from Russia, It's okay for most listening for my DSD and 24/192 stuff, it's the most neutral and balanced tube I have, but my EH is quick enough to keep up with digital music and smooths out compression artifacts so that's what I use for compressed or streaming music.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

On 5/27/2017 at 4:08 PM, srp365 said:

I find aged transistor circuits seem to warm up over time. I had a Pioneer integrated amp from the 70s and was much better sounding that the new Pio receiver I picked up a couple years ago.

I think theres probably something to that for sure, i have my dads jvc receiver that he bought back in late 60's to early 70's when he was in the navy and it has a really really nice sound compared my newer receivers.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I feel bad, I told Karkov I'd pick up a few but after the car repairs my audio budget is dust. Looks a little like the SSD I have.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, omnibus said:

play a guitar on a solid state amp, then play the same guitar through a quality tube amp, and you'll hear why.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter