PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

I bet that wasnt cheap lol

It wasn't too bad, but at this point I think I'd rather pay for convenience. I've learned over the years that jobs are easier when you have the right tools.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

wtf.. why are you guys paying that much for tranny work.. i had mine built to handle 800hp with lots of aftermarket parts for $1500 shipped to my work.. the 4l80e is more but its around the $2300 range

i once paid $700 to a shop to build a trans but i took all the aftermarket parts.. that think used to snap my neck every gear it shifted.

Lucky you.

Around here a cheap Trans build is done by some guy named cledus with no teeth in the shed at a trailer park and you get a curb warranty.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i understand yours since you had them remove the trans and reinstall it. the most i paid for a 4l60e was $1200 installed.. i go to a mexican shop.. the other shops charge arm and leg

Mine included a torque converter too.

The removal, install, and all fluids was a $400 chunk of that.

And since he had to go back in it to adjust the shifts after the first test drive I think I got my money's worth out of that.

Also it has a parts and labor warranty.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

wtf.. why are you guys paying that much for tranny work.. i had mine built to handle 800hp with lots of aftermarket parts for $1500 shipped to my work.. the 4l80e is more but its around the $2300 range

i once paid $700 to a shop to build a trans but i took all the aftermarket parts.. that think used to snap my neck every gear it shifted.

I paid over 4 grand cuz I wanted quality. There are very little companies that can compete with RPM Transmissions. I had to save but I only did it so I only do it once.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

one thing to keep in mind that some overprice their things and charge more for labor. i bought a beast sunshell for $35 brand new. my friend bought a TCI sun shell which he said was better cause he paid more.. they both arrived, mine was in a brown box his was in a TCI box. we checked the numbers engraved on the shell and it was the same part number and same markings.. he was pissed he paid $50 more for something that was built in the same factory but boxed differently.. just because someone pays less dont mean its not good quality.. bigger shops charge more because the upkeep cost more. some shops charge more because of the name and reputation they have built

im by no means a certified mechanic and have managed to build solid engines that have taken lots of abuse.. just buy quality parts and triple check everything

one thing to keep in mind that some overprice their things and charge more for labor. i bought a beast sunshell for $35 brand new. my friend bought a TCI sun shell which he said was better cause he paid more.. they both arrived, mine was in a brown box his was in a TCI box. we checked the numbers engraved on the shell and it was the same part number and same markings.. he was pissed he paid $50 more for something that was built in the same factory but boxed differently.. just because someone pays less dont mean its not good quality.. bigger shops charge more because the upkeep cost more. some shops charge more because of the name and reputation they have built

im by no means a certified mechanic and have managed to build solid engines that have taken lots of abuse.. just buy quality parts and triple check everything

To true, some place wanted to charge me like $80 per shock to install them on my 00' silverado. Went and got new tires & that place said they would do them if i wanted them to for $20 a shock.. I now use them.

Archived