Second Skin Audio

Largest sub "Still in production"?

GreenSpade

just let the damm man buy a big fucking sub. he said several times he wants it for "show" so let him.

if buys it sound like rubish he come back to try diffrent things. sheesh

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

except thats slightly incorrect given that a larger cone needs less excursion to create the same output as a smaller cone.

ANYWAYS, tonality differences happen, its a fact. Frequency reproduction differences become an issue when attempting to hit certain SPL levels with certain drivers, less of a driver diaphragm swept area thing.

SO

Guy is looking for a giant sub, end of story.

Yes, I understand tones. 40 cycles is 40 cycles no matter what. But Nobody goes around banging out to tones. music is full of multiple tones and switches from tone to tone everywhere. A smaller sub will make this switch faster given the same power/motor. It's just basic physics. No way around it.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

i know what green spade is talking about. everyone here will bash about it. when you listen to a 18 vs a 10 on the same motor, take away tones and sweeps, youll hear a huge difference especially when you start listening to double bass drums at higher volumes. on 18s the bass drums start to blend together and end up sounding like a rumble as where the 10 would hit each note. just one noticeable difference.

NO, they will sound as fast. The 18's won't distort, and blend 2 kicks as 1 longer kick.

It will hit both kicks as fast.

show me a 21" sq build.

geez. show me a 18" sq build.

There is no sq build with 18's or 21 inch subs, because they don't make 18inch subs. Why not? There is no need for the big displacement of a 18 inch sub, the only thing it would do is take up more space.

And with the big cone, it could add some reflections.

Greenspade,

All the subwoofer/woofers you have listened to sound different because they are all in a enclosure. The enclosure is what 90% of the sound makes.

All the subwoofers/woofers you have are in a enclosure and not tuned to have the same freqeuncy response. Because of that, the harmonics of the notes are different. There are fundamentals and overtones, while the fundamentals may be the same, the different enclosures produce different overtones.

The cone of a 18 inch vs 12inch cone will sound different, especcially if they are made from a different material or thicker then the other.

The 18 inch may have a thicker cone to make it as strong as the 12 inch cone.

Mixing different kinds of sizes to get a "SQ" sound, is the worst idea ever.

Less drivers is better in SQ, since they can interfere with eachother and cancel out frequencies and change the tonal balance.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

i know what green spade is talking about. everyone here will bash about it. when you listen to a 18 vs a 10 on the same motor, take away tones and sweeps, youll hear a huge difference especially when you start listening to double bass drums at higher volumes. on 18s the bass drums start to blend together and end up sounding like a rumble as where the 10 would hit each note. just one noticeable difference.

Bull

Fucking

Shit

That is all.

+1..... my Xcon 18 is in a huge box, tuned real low for stuff like Decaf, but sometimes Ill jam out to some Mudvayne or Mushroomhead or something with really fast dbl bass drum and it loves it. doesnt "blend" together into a rumble at all. Maybe you just been hearing some cheap ass flea market 18s?

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived