Spray Painting: 1999 Nissan Sentra ( 1st Time EVER touching Paint )

I spray painted my car about 8 months ago... ( March 2010 )

... I used CHEAP 96cent WALMART rattle cans... I was honestly just tired of that " Nissan Grey " color. I went into this not knowing how it would look, how to lay paint, NOTHING! This is 1 coat of the rattle can paint with no clear coat layer...

... I get compliments on the " Gun Metal Grey " look... I'm respraying it in Grass Green & Gloss Black... I'm going to use the Krylon Gloss & Flourescent Spray Paint & Clear - or just go to AutoZone and get the " DupliColor " Clear Coat ( For the spray gun ) for $24.99 and use my uncle's spray gun.

I think it looks great for a something that was done in 4 hours, no shed, open air, ( I did mask everything off though )...

b26bc161.jpg

... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!!!????

BTW: I know that the paint it fading a little. I know it's chipping @ the door on the top part... ( Only because my door hing at the bottom doesn't have the Bushims on it between the car & the hing - so it's offset.

... But besides that - I think it's a GREAT, CHEAP ( $30 - That includes: 16 Rattle Cans, Sand Paper, Masking Tape & Bondo ) body work and paint job...

Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE 4-Dr

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9852

Front Stage: Kicker DS6.5s w/ (4) Power Acoustik NB.4s - Rear Stage: (4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s

Sub Stage: (2) 12" Lanzar OptiDrive 1232s - Custom Ported Enclosure: 6.81cuft Tuned @ 32Hz

Sub Amp: (1) Kicker KX2500.1D - Highs Amp: AutoTek AT-1200.4

Processors: Clarion EQ-746 & Clarion MCD-360

Wiring: Install Bay 1/0 Gauge ( Including Big 3 Upgrade )

Batteries: (3) EverStart Maxx's ( 750 CCA ) 1 In Front & 2 In Back

DJ's Audio Installation

I spray painted my car about 8 months ago... ( March 2010 )

... I used CHEAP 96cent WALMART rattle cans... I was honestly just tired of that " Nissan Grey " color. I went into this not knowing how it would look, how to lay paint, NOTHING! This is 1 coat of the rattle can paint with no clear coat layer...

... I get compliments on the " Gun Metal Grey " look... I'm respraying it in Grass Green & Gloss Black... I'm going to use the Krylon Gloss & Flourescent Spray Paint & Clear - or just go to AutoZone and get the " DupliColor " Clear Coat ( For the spray gun ) for $24.99 and use my uncle's spray gun.

I think it looks great for a something that was done in 4 hours, no shed, open air, ( I did mask everything off though )...

... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!!!????

BTW: I know that the paint it fading a little. I know it's chipping @ the door on the top part... ( Only because my door hing at the bottom doesn't have the Bushims on it between the car & the hing - so it's offset.

... But besides that - I think it's a GREAT, CHEAP ( $30 - That includes: 16 Rattle Cans, Sand Paper, Masking Tape & Bondo ) body work and paint job...

dont do it. Primered is one thing. Painting it with a rattle-can and thinking it will look right is another.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Yeah - I was told that painting it would be somewhat of a losing battle...

... But it's mostly for Shits and Giggles & to change the look of the car ( Anything is better than that Nissan Grey Color )

And that's for the link - I'm about to look @ it right now!

Edited by DJTucker

Front Stage: Kicker DS6.5s w/ (4) Power Acoustik NB.4s - Rear Stage: (4) JVC 5-Way 6x9s

Sub Stage: (2) 12" Lanzar OptiDrive 1232s - Custom Ported Enclosure: 6.81cuft Tuned @ 32Hz

DJ's Audio Installation

I rattlecanned my truck and it turned out good. But I've also had 2 years of auto body training. Just be sure to sand the clear coat with 600 grit sand paper and a DA sander (easiest), thoroughly clean the surface, prime it(make sure it cures before spraying the paint or it wont turn out right), lightly sand the primer with 1000 grit, clean the surface again, spray on the paint (do it in a garage if possable, wind will fuck up the job), after spraying on the paint let it cure and spray on at least 2-3 coats of clear for best results, let the clear sit over night, after letting the clear fully cure buff out the surface with buffing compound. if you do it right It will look decent. ooh and one more tip. grap a piece of sheet metal and practice a couple times before doing it to your car so you can get used to it

LOL not even gona start...you do wat ya gotta do i guess

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Thanks for the tips!!!!!

... I really appreciate it...

And I'm not lookin' for showroom floor quality, honestly not lookin' for quality at all... ( it's at a minimum )

... My system dents up my car & chips my paint, so i'm not about to spend $1000 or more on that ( Waste of money for me )

So " Grass Green " & " Jet Black " here I come...

DJ's Audio Installation

The flexing of my panels ( Sucking in and out ).... my trunk wobbles ( I have Dynamat & I've reenforcced welded my trunk lid bars - NO HELP )

DJ's Audio Installation

Looks like shit, sorry.

Nissan gunmetal gray > some ugly ass primer black

Jus saying.

Did you even prime it? Sanding?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC