Second Skin Audio

Another Peel & Seal thread... but not what you think

jon, please update page one with the extra testing, if you didnt already, and add spectrum to it please. very curious.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm digging the 100% graphs done both ways.

Hard for me to say this but, jon you (finnally) have me convinced.

Second skin will be going into my doors soon. :drinks: nice play good sir.

and to you other guys butting in, will you hug my nuts this hard when i start using second skin? skittles? darktard?

and to you other guys butting in, will you hug my nuts this hard when i start using second skin? skittles? darktard?

i hope you not talkin about me

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Woah, sorry bout that broham. just woke up.

meant MrtardJ . not you

Woah, sorry bout that broham. just woke up.

meant MrtardJ . not you

bout to say. what i do cray.gif

speakin which i just noticed youre in georgia. i gotta set aside some time to come to a show to hear your ride

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

So by this data I would need around 12 layers+ of PnS on my roof for the same performance... Nice!

so u did roughly 100% coverage then 50% coverage over that?

You're short a 0 :pardon: I hate rattle traps with a passion as all my cars in the 90's sounded like shit outside. On top of that I didn't want my roof to rip or deform. A few bucks up front to save massive bucks later seems worth it to me.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Ill wait for your more in depth response but I bet you know how you could test different theories :popcorn:

Oh yeah there are many ways I can test these placement theories and see if there is any difference between them. Might just have to waste more product and do another round. :)

On a door panel where you have areas that are welded or reinforced, those areas would obviously dictate that no product would need to be used there. So staying away from the edges (were the panel would not resonate or vibrate as much or at all) would be much more beneficial.

I'll hug yer nuts! :P

Glad I was able to convince you to some degree.

But in all seriousness all I am trying to show is that these sort of materials do not nor will not work as well as a constrained layer damper.

So if anything just use one of the many high quality CLDs that are out there. Dynamat, Stinger RoadKill, SDS CLD Tiles, and our products (obviously) are my favorites based on how well they perform and I personally would not hesitate to use any of them.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

lol all i did was talk about the test. i didnt get on your ass for liking p&s.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I was probably the responsible one for posting the P&S thread on other section. I haven't used as many roofing products as Steve but surely P&S. Based on the information provided in this thread that undergoes more in depth ("scientific")results, I understand even clearer why P&S is inferior than any other dampening products. Like Rep John from Second Skin stated, you basically need shit loads of p&s to achieve the same outcome as minuscule product of a brand name company. This has been stated enough by John and he is right.

Personally after trying second skin and comparing it to p&s, i wont ever use p&s again. Why? because the results speak for itself. If you like to crank up the volume and still hear rattle somewhere because you used p&s and still come here and say is a really good product? NO it is not. want your system to perform at its best? well then crap, dampening is the foundation of a seriously clean sound system!

Can I hug 'em too?

:)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69