Sundown Audio

Need Help! Which Amplifier to Get

srt10ram

Maybe it's just a wiring problem ?

Are you sure you have a 1 Ohm load ?

Check your wiring twice. This amp should really be enough for your sub. You don't need another one;

I've triple checked it, it's definitely loaded at 1 ohm. Now I realize 1700 clean un-clipped watts should

be enough power for the FI, but I just don't think the Hifonics is putting out anywhere near that with the

gain dialed in with the DMM to send out the clean signal.

What about crescendo? Last I knew BC 2k was about $340ish and did rated at 13.8V, so does a little bit more at 14.4V.

Yeah I would go with the BC2000. 340 shipped. heard lots of good things about it

Most likely, I'm going to return the Hifonics, and drop the 340$ on the Crescendo.

The BC2000D seems like a very high quality amp for the price and will probably put

out a little more than rated.

The only problem is, I have my JL Audio 2 Ga. amp kit already hooked up, will it be

okay for the amp? I also plan to do the big three in a few weeks along with a higher power battery (under the hood).

I have an AQ 2200d if you would like. I could get you out under 400 easily shipped

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Everybody I went ahead and bought an AQ2200D yesterday. With the Black Friday deal, the final price was 380$, just couldn't turn down that offer.

Now I understand pushing 2200 watts to FI BL is quite a bit, but I will rarely have it up all the way, and won't even think to touch

the bass boost.

Since I'm doing the BIG 3 and upgrading to a bigger battery, my only concern is will my JL Audio 2 ga. Amp kit be enough for the AQ2200?

No it will not be enough, you need 1/0 to really push that amp. I understand if 2 ga is temporarily, but i would only but 1/0 to it.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

sone of em can be bought used for a LOT cheaper than the original price....

try that

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Just wow at this thread. I don't believe the amp was the issue, the error was in the install or settings. So a new amp may not alleviate the issue.

I would like to know amp settings, voicecoil configuration, wiring, and headunit settings and spec.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?