MrSkippyJ Posted November 26, 2011 Report Posted November 26, 2011 just a note on the crossovers and impedance. the crossover is only affected if the impedance is changed AFTER the crossover. For example, if you put 2 mids in parallel on the mid output of the crossover, then that crossover point will change. Hooking stuff up before the crossover (ie 2 component systems on one channel of an amp) does not affect the crossover. The best way to go about what you are doing is to treat the crossovers as if they were the speaker. Don't over think hooking this up by considering the wiring going to the actual speakers until you are actually hooking them up. Basically what you have is 7 sets of "speakers" you need to hook up and each "speaker" has an impedance of 2.7ohms. The odd thing here is not the 2.7ohms, but the odd number of speakers. Is there anyway you can go with 6 or 8 sets? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
monkeyleg Posted November 26, 2011 Author Report Posted November 26, 2011 Of course, I can add speakers or subtract. You're saying I can hookup 4 mids and 4 tweeters and have it run through the crossover, then from the crossover to the amp? Can crossovers handle 400 watts? It's going into a Ford Focus. 3 mids per door. 6 mids in the wall. So 12 mids (hopefully minimum) and accompanying tweeters and crossover(crossover optional) Google it
MrSkippyJ Posted November 28, 2011 Report Posted November 28, 2011 No no. Run ONLY what is supposed to be hooked up to a crossover. What ever you do before the wires get to the crossover won't affect the crossover. If you change impedance AFTER the crossover you start messing things up. How many amps are you planning on using to run these (and by amps I mean channels)? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
zxsonnyxz Posted November 28, 2011 Report Posted November 28, 2011 Why not ditch the passive crossover and use the built in ones in you amp if you have a 1000.4? 2 channels to tweets (left and right) and the other to channels for the mids (left and right). Then you can wire six speakers to each channel in kind of a tripple-series parrallel (I'm being serious) configuration. If you absolutely need that many! I can't draw it out for you right now, but maybe some others can? STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
monkeyleg Posted November 29, 2011 Author Report Posted November 29, 2011 I'm OK with any option that allows me to spend less on amps I'm too much of a tard to figure out the wiring...Is it possible to do 4 speakers wired to 4 ohm? Google it
zxsonnyxz Posted November 29, 2011 Report Posted November 29, 2011 No, but you can wire six to 3.6 ohms. Close enough? I can make a drawing for you Here: STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
monkeyleg Posted November 30, 2011 Author Report Posted November 30, 2011 No, but you can wire six to 3.6 ohms. Close enough? I can make a drawing for you Here: That's awesome! Thank you sir, very much appreciated! That means I'll be running 90 RMS at the most per speaker, oh well. That will take care of the 6 speakers in my wall. My door panels hold 3 mids each, what could be done there? Google it
zxsonnyxz Posted December 3, 2011 Report Posted December 3, 2011 Why not ditch the passive crossover and use the built in ones in you amp if you have a 1000.4? 2 channels to tweets (left and right) and the other to channels for the mids (left and right). Then you can wire six speakers to each channel in kind of a tripple-series parrallel (I'm being serious) configuration. If you absolutely need that many! I can't draw it out for you right now, but maybe some others can? I had just writen something long, then the power went out -.- Basicly, I have to correct myself alittle. If you want to ditch your passive crossoves you would need a sound prosessor or some other kind of crossover in the signal path. Most amps, and yours i guess cant adjust the crossovers high enough for a regular tweeter, so it wont work to good. And I was about to boldly suggest running "only" four sets in eash door (and maybe dash) and sell the rest to get money towards a prosessor. STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
monkeyleg Posted December 4, 2011 Author Report Posted December 4, 2011 I was also wondering how an amp will keep the tweeters from playing too low. I guess I will be investing in a separate crossover, but still a no go for 3 mids per channel? Google it
zxsonnyxz Posted December 4, 2011 Report Posted December 4, 2011 They should all three be wired in series. Are the door panels, or any other aspect of your car allready made? STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.