Sonic Electronix

Senseless Audio Ramblings .......

I don't see the point of rating amplifier @ 2000wrms IF it does 2500.

Example: my saz2500 does 1800wmrs @ 2ohm, where it's only rated 900wmrs @ 2ohm.

Why do I need to do research on amplifier, IF MANUFACTURER provided specs of the amplifier of what it suppose to do.

you sure your getting the 1800wrms? no voltage drop there is no ohm rise in your box? at worst case 2 ohms you will get 900 watts at best case you will get 1800 watts

they can not tell you exactly what watts an amp will put out in your system there is to many varibles so they under rate for worst case senerios

if it bothers you that much sell that amp get an underrated boss amp rated at 3000 watts and get only 500 from it and be happy you blow your sub with 500 watts oh wit most likly 500 clipped watts so you will blow your sub!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Could you imagine the number of blown DC Audio and SA subs we would see if they changed the RMS rating from 600W to 1000? The ratings are there to protect the company from idiots. Take a look at anything that has a rating of some sort. Almost everything can do more (or less) than what it is rated, for a short amount of time. Or if it is well enough controlled. You can't think about a subs RMS rating as a max the sub can handle perspective. Think about it as if most of the people that will use the subs are not car audio geniuses and might not know exactly how to push a sub TO it's limits, but not beyond.

It's a bit different for an amplifier. Building an amplifier is not an exact science, other wise you wouldn't have 2 amplifiers that are the same, have different amounts of output. It should be very close if built well, but probably not the same. Most quality amplifiers are built to be sure you get what was promised. That usually ends up giving you MORE output than promised, not less. Sometimes equal however.

Hopefully that clears up some of your confusion.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So if you take any amp and in manual it says it does 2000 wrms @ 1 ohm and you take a sub that's rated @ 2000 wrms. You set gains on amplifier with DD-1 or O-scope meaning that it suppose to put out clean "rated" 2000wrms, BUT it does something around 2500wrms ( because it's "underrated") and you blow your sub, it's still considered to be your fault? Even though in manufacturers manual it said to be 2000 wrms @ 1 ohm?

Actually, if you buy amplifier rated 2000 wrms@ 1 ohm and it put's out something like 2500-2700wmrs and it blows your subs, you can make that company pay for your blown subs, because they have not provided accurate info about their product.
you sir are not smart!you do know rms is a RECOMENDATION! on subs right? look at my post above a 600 watt sub fed 50 watts cliped will still blow is that sub now only 50 watts rms?and thats why people that know what they are doing can feed a sub 2 to 3x the rms with out problems rms is for not so smart people like you to not blow up everything you have everytime you turn it on

I'm taling about amplifier's not subs.

LMAO!!!!!!!!! and what do your amplifiers go to? subs? just maybe?

no shit. But we are talking about rating of amplifiers

well what would you like to talk about you started off with subs (saying if an amp pushes out to much power to a sub the manufacturer will have to pay for it LAUGHS) now we are on amps i guess

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Why dont u retire car audio and pick up drag racing where the dyno numbers are easier for u to understand then rms and max rating on top of getting more then u paid for. Example...u order 1 hooker she shows up with a friend......are u going to say no?

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

u order 1 hooker she shows up with a friend......are u going to say no?

Depends... what does her friend look like? :peepwall:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Why dont u retire car audio and pick up drag racing where the dyno numbers are easier for u to understand then rms and max rating on top of getting more then u paid for. Example...u order 1 hooker she shows up with a friend......are u going to say no?

:werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword: :werd_msword:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

So the Rockford Fosgate T2500BDCP Amps that are "RATED" at 2500watts @ 1 ohm, but have been proven to produce well over 3k, is just to impress the idiots?? LOL

Well.. you know rockford fosgate's marketing policy is "design 3000 watt amp, market it as 2500 watts, price it like 5000 watts"

:shrug:

so what else is going on in this thread?

Archived