so this is what has been happening to me. i bought the MW3 edition 360 off of newegg just cause i didnt feel like fight people in the stores the day it released. i ot the first one and it worked for about 3 hours then bam started doing its own thing... <_< now after like 2 weeks of turn around newegg sent me a new one. box was seal and everything just like the first one was. now after not ever an hour and a half same malfunction... so im trying now to get in contact with a support representative to make Microsoft do something about this. this is what i described my issue as...

alright Microsoft this is getting ridiculous. this is my second MW3 edition 360 i have received and it is the second one with the same goddamn hardware malfunction. this it what happens, ill be playing a game or try to be and then the disk tray will just open up by itself, thus booting me from whatever i was playing and fucking me over. this also happens when in a app or playing a game that doesn't require a disk. needless to say im pissed that i have received 2 new in box 360s that were both defective.

You're totally going to get blown off as the irate consumer

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

clean the faceplate... i know those are touch sense buttons. so maybe something is getting on there that it thinks you want to open the disk tray... idk just a thought.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

yea i wasn't thinking about that when i wrote it, but i apologized to the support guy. not that he helped any but still. i'm just pissed that something that should never happen has happened to me twice...

Sounds like the drive is either screwed up or maybe something wrong with the power supply in the 360... Sounds like hardware to me... If you don't see their forums overflowing with people having the same problem it's w/o a doubt hardware (unless you installed some bs on there).

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Sounds like the drive is either screwed up or maybe something wrong with the power supply in the 360... Sounds like hardware to me... If you don't see their forums overflowing with people having the same problem it's w/o a doubt hardware (unless you installed some bs on there).

it definitely is hardware. ive found people saying they have the same problem and others saying its the drives fault. some say you can flash the drive and that will fix it some say its the wiring in the case that is messed up. either way it would void a warranty to fix yourself. so im just going to send this one back again and get my money back and try and get some kind of store credit for wasting over 80 on shipping by this point. <_<