Sundown Audio

The "1500" watts amplifier CHALLENGE!!!

fecupe2001

Not gonna post clamp results from the t-1500.1bd then if you don´t want to, i guess getting the same power and score from the cadence amplifier is not accurated either?? don´t know what else i have to do lol

I wanted clamp results from the t-1500 :(

Still want them?? :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Guest grim83

Not gonna post clamp results from the t-1500.1bd then if you don´t want to, i guess getting the same power and score from the cadence amplifier is not accurated either?? don´t know what else i have to do lol

I wanted clamp results from the t-1500 :(

Still want them?? :drinks:

post up what you got hoe

I just think people underestimate the amount of testing you actually do. And fuck yes, I would love the results! Please!

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

on a brand that he doesn´t like

brands i dont like? I have ran 3 different Maxxsonics amps. I never said I dont like them. And if I was in a pinch, I would run an ap1500 or 3k. I never said I dont like those either. I simply asked which clamp method you use, because there is a difference between peak hold readings and true rms readings. Peak hold readings typically show about a 20% spike more or less. Your tests were rendering 15-20% readings over rated, so I simply asked what method you used because your data pointed to peak hold readings. I used true rms readings when clamping Maxxsonics and AP products in the past, and my results were different. Mike from Maxxsonics even stated that Brutus amps quickly lose output after any voltage drop. The number for the BRZ line was roughly 18% per 1v dropped. I know you arent quite dropping 1 full volt, but there should still be some power diminshment. If you are using peak readings, that is fine, but viewers should be aware of that. That is all

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Don´t need to post pictures again from the Rockford fosgate´s since i already did it a few posts ago.

Specs:

Power Specifications - Subwoofer Channel

RMS Power @ 4 ohms 500 watts x 1 channel

RMS Power @ 2 ohms 1000 watts x 1 channel

RMS Power @ 1 ohm 1500 watts x 1 channel

Peak Power Output N/A

Amplifier Specifications

Amplifier Class BD

Number of Channels 1 - Mono

Total Peak Power Output N/A

Total RMS Power Output 1500 watts

Maximum Input Gauge Size 1/0 AWG

Minimum Impedance Unbridged 1 ohms

Minimum Impedance Bridged N/A

THD at Rated RMS Power 0.8%

Speaker Level Inputs No

Preamp Outputs 2 pairs

Built-in Crossover Low-pass (LP)

High-Pass Crossover Frequency N/A

Low-Pass Crossover Frequency 35 - 250 Hz

Subsonic Filter N/A

Signal-to-Noise Ratio N/A

Channel Separation N/A

Bass Boost 24 dB

Bass/Gain Remote Optional (Accessory required and sold separately)

Fan Cooled N/A

Fuse Rating 150A

CEA-2006 Compliant Yes

Birth sheet on this little babt said 1961 watts @ 1 ohm, i know it´s not something to trust so much but still it´s a good reference point.

Clamp results:

46.9 Volts

44.3 Amps

46.9 x 44.3 = 2078 Watts RMS

46.9 / 44.3 = 1.06 ohms

Voltage drop : 13.9v

Termlab score, sealed on the dash @ 41 hz

40088310150475874868300.jpg

I got 110 extra watts from the birth sheet, guess my test isn´t that bad at all :peepwall:

Anyways, i kind of felt heartbroken, i really thought the RF could be close to the m2a, but still, 2078 watts from such a tiny amplifier it´s pretty badass, stayed very cool on all the burps, played BEAUTIFUL on music, i have to say it sounds better than both of the DD amplifiers wich is great IMO, it´s a great choice since it´s powerful, small and from an awesome company like Fosgate :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

guess fosgate tests their amps wrong too!@#!#

lol, nice results as expected from the rockford.

any updates on if you can get your hands on a hfi hifonics?

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Don´t need to post pictures again from the Rockford fosgate´s since i already did it a few posts ago.

Specs:

Peak Power Output N/A

Amplifier Specifications

Amplifier Class BD

Speaker Level Inputs No

Preamp Outputs 2 pairs

Subsonic Filter N/A

Channel Separation N/A

Bass Boost 24 dB

Fan Cooled N/A

Fuse Rating 150A

CEA-2006 Compliant Yes

Birth sheet on this little babt said 1961 watts @ 1 ohm, i know it´s not something to trust so much but still it´s a good reference point.

Clamp results:

46.9 Volts

44.3 Amps

46.9 / 44.3 = 1.06 ohms

I got 110 extra watts from the birth sheet, guess my test isn´t that bad at all :peepwall:

Anyways, i kind of felt heartbroken, i really thought the RF could be close to the m2a, but still, 2078 watts from such a tiny amplifier it´s pretty badass, stayed very cool on all the burps, played BEAUTIFUL on music, i have to say it sounds better than both of the DD amplifiers wich is great IMO, it´s a great choice since it´s powerful, small and from an awesome company like Fosgate :)

Sweet, that's my bass amp right now. Love to hear it sounds nice compared to the m2a. :woot:

guess fosgate tests their amps wrong too!@#!#

lol, nice results as expected from the rockford.

any updates on if you can get your hands on a hfi hifonics?

Hey sheena, still looking for it mate, but can´t seem to find one for this test, there´s a chance that i might get an hfi2500D wich would be cool, but still waiting for some confirmation :)

Yeah, results were very nice, the best amplifier on music between the 7 that i tried, period!!!

Specs:

Peak Power Output N/A

Amplifier Specifications

Amplifier Class BD

Speaker Level Inputs No

Preamp Outputs 2 pairs

Subsonic Filter N/A

Channel Separation N/A

Bass Boost 24 dB

Fan Cooled N/A

Fuse Rating 150A

CEA-2006 Compliant Yes

Clamp results:

46.9 Volts

44.3 Amps

46.9 / 44.3 = 1.06 ohms

Sweet, that's my bass amp right now. Love to hear it sounds nice compared to the m2a. :woot:

Sounds VERY nice, better than the m2a IMO, great SQ coming from this little baby :)

hey i don't want you to think that i was bashing you at all just stating what i saw i appreciate you doing this but i also thought it was a lil suspecious that all the amps tested over rated and i see what you are doing now. wasn't trying to say you testing was wrong man just that efficency wasn't factored in. appreciate you tests man and thx for doing it and i even loved you spl topic :good: sorry if i repeated my self a lil drunk :drink40:

Javier, what AC clamp meter were you using? Sorry if I missed this... btw, fosgate didn't surprise me.. it was expected <_< . great job nonetheless!

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db