RMS Dissapointment.

I just said Fuck It...thanks to derrick, I found another BTL motor, and just bought it today. Gonna order two new recones next week! Two BTL's walled in a focus...this is gonna be wack!

mivtCK.png

I just said Fuck It...thanks to derrick, I found another BTL motor, and just bought it today. Gonna order two new recones next week! Two BTL's walled in a focus...this is gonna be wack!

congrats, and if they arnt like what you like, you can sell them for almost the same price you will get the HDC3s for :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I loved the HDC3s, but if he were to like the HDC3s over the BTLs I am thinking the enclosure would need some work, lol. Go large and feed them huge port area :drinks:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Not reading this whole thread..

But

I will state doubling power = myth, and so does doubling cone = myth.

Lets face it your going from one sub that reaches or does reach full excursion with 2200watts.

Now your going to 2 subs with the 2200watts, now both these subs will barely reach half their excursion while you under power them. The HD3 woofers can easily take well over their rated power.

Same goes for adding a 2nd btl, not going to be any louder due to not giving the woofers close to their power needed. Dropping impedance may help a tiny bit, but not too much

In most cases, you need double the cone area AND double the power to hear and feel a noticeable gain. Doing only 1 or the other is not going to help much if any but make it quieter.

Not reading this whole thread..

But

I will state doubling power = myth, and so does doubling cone = myth.

Lets face it your going from one sub that reaches or does reach full excursion with 2200watts.

Now your going to 2 subs with the 2200watts, now both these subs will barely reach half their excursion while you under power them. The HD3 woofers can easily take well over their rated power.

Same goes for adding a 2nd btl, not going to be any louder due to not giving the woofers close to their power needed. Dropping impedance may help a tiny bit, but not too much

In most cases, you need double the cone area AND double the power to hear and feel a noticeable gain. Doing only 1 or the other is not going to help much if any but make it quieter.

I understand that. I know the BTL can handle more than 2000w daily, but I am plenty happy with the AQ2200 at 1ohm. But being that I am getting another BTL, I will definitely be getting another AQ2200.

mivtCK.png

use ca glue when you recone, easier and more then half the time ;)

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

use ca glue when you recone, easier and more then half the time ;)

Where can I get it, and how much does it cost?

mobile solutions sells it iirc, not sure how much but when i was living with killablue for a bit he refused to use the rubber glue that dc sends when you buy a recone, because that involves clamping....waiting, more clamping...more waiting, then like a 24hour cure or some shit? idr, ca glue is instant, just put the glue on the basket, spray the activator on the surround or spider then give it a little pressure and your done, but make sure you do it in small sections, other wise youll fuck up trying to do it all at once lol, its a bit pricy but itll last quite a few recones

http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/smartparts/cyanoacrylateadhesives.htm

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Archived